Lego

Barry

Re: Lego

Post by Barry »

Ordered the new Jazz Club Modular this morning (VIP early option etc) and got the Blacktron ship freebie, which looks cool. I don't often order direct from Lego since I got the works discount back, but what the hell.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/jazz-club-10312
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Nice.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Same as Barry, ordered the Jazz Club this morning to get the free Blacktron spaceship. I used the £20 of VIP vouchers which I got for £5 worth of points at Black Friday which still left me over the threshold for the freebie.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The Jazz Club looks really nice, they've got some lovely sets in that modular city range.

I think sorting Lego is quite therapeutic, maybe should have taken a more organised approach to this lot! I've ended up with it separated loosely in to colours and sizes which is helping things move along quicker, but need to get this build done before I can get going on the Razor Crest...

... and the Delorean which arrived last night.
Cheers,

Mike.
Barry

Post by Barry »

It's scary how easily you get into the Lego addiction isn't it 😆

Lego Group have clearly made a decision to chase the adult buyer, Ideas sets are getting bigger, loads of massive display models. Ford GT Technic coming soon too, early leaked images are looking good.

tim

Post by tim »

The 2 Fast 2 Furious Paul Walker GT-R sold out in one day today. Bum. I really wanted that for my lad
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

It is funny how addictive it is although that's not the word my wife would use...

Did I remember a time before Lego Star Wars games where Lego were struggling big time and there was talk they could go under? Or have I imagined that?
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Before Lego Star Wars sets I think, rather than the games. Late 90s/early 2000s they were struggling.

Here’s a blog with some more details - looks like they were a lot more precarious than I realised: https://blog.firestartoys.com/how-the-l ... a-history/
Barry

Post by Barry »

They were struggling before they realised the gold mine licensed sets are yeah, although I'd like to think the games helped raise the profile too.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Ecto-1 done! Very nice looking kit, but I am pleased to have finished it and am glad I didn't shelve it for a few days. There were about 6 missing pieces in the end which I managed to scrounge from a general box of Lego I found under the stairs.

Mrs Mike is working, so I might crack on with the Delorean tonight. At least that's a new set so will come bagged-up.
Cheers,

Mike.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Started on the Razor Crest last night. So much more relaxing, therapeutic etc with a new set all correctly bagged.

Although, and I know this is a bit Spinal Tap, but why do they sometimes have multiple bags with the same number on them? Can they not just make those bags the next number in the sequence?

So instead of two number 2 bags.. one of them becomes #3?
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:11 pm Although, and I know this is a bit Spinal Tap, but why do they sometimes have multiple bags with the same number on them? Can they not just make those bags the next number in the sequence?

So instead of two number 2 bags.. one of them becomes #3?
You must have noticed that the duplicate numbered bags are opened at the same time because you need bits from each of them to cover that stage of the build. I think it would only work as you suggest if you broke down the stages into pretty small chunks, which would not be very complete in and of themselves. To be fair, I still think putting numbers on the bags is utterly wrong. Give me a bit pile of random bits any day.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

I received the Jazz Quartet set for Xmas, built it up on the 27th and it was really enjoyable. Wanted to re-make the drum set to be more accurate for what a jazz drummer would play, but cleverly each figure and the instruments are anchored to or within the stage. Means if I do change to setup, I have to figure out how to change the floor arrangement using the same pieces which sounds like fun to me when I get round to it. :)

Pretty cold on the new Ford GT - it's a bit pikey as supercar kits go, I'd have thought they'd at least merit the same treatment as the Lambo/Bugatti/Porsche/Ferrari super sets. New Speed Champion sets look a mixed bag again - the 812 is a bit meh, as is the McLaren Artura, but the F1 looks kinda OK. Porsche 963 looks decent.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Tend to agree with the above, the new Speed Champions left me firmly "meh", the Technic Ford less upsetting as it's at least cheaper and therefore more justifiable. I'll wait till the inevitable 30% discounts kick in, as usual with Technic sets.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I quite like the new Pagani Speed Champions set, and the McLaren F1 though that's in a double pack.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Saw an ad for the CAT D11 somewhere, wow, that is a beast! Anyone made that?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:50 pm Saw an ad for the CAT D11 somewhere, wow, that is a beast! Anyone made that?
They had it on display in a Lego store we went to while in Copenhagen, it is big and rather expensive.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:01 pm
duncs500 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:50 pm Saw an ad for the CAT D11 somewhere, wow, that is a beast! Anyone made that?
They had it on display in a Lego store we went to while in Copenhagen, it is big and rather expensive.
It is, but you can control it with your phone and everything! :D
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:10 pm I quite like the new Pagani Speed Champions set, and the McLaren F1 though that's in a double pack.
Link? Can't find it.