Lego

KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Re: Lego

Post by KiwiDave »

That only leaves the Blackbird as the other remaining iconic plane/rocket. Crack on Lego... ;)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

KiwiDave wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:13 am That only leaves the Blackbird as the other remaining iconic plane/rocket. Crack on Lego... ;)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175838563406 ... media=COPY

Plenty of non branded kits about if you’re desperate
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Why bother with window frames when that's the best you can do?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:19 am Why bother with window frames when that's the best you can do?
Perhaps because the car it's a model of has them?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:23 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:19 am Why bother with window frames when that's the best you can do?
Perhaps because the car it's a model of has them?
then build them better. That model looks like shit because of the approach they've taken.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Yes, we know you don't like Lego.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:53 pm Yes, we know you don't like Lego.
I like Lego now, my boy is old enough to lose hours playing with it so I'm a fan. Not enough to buy my own though (though I have had some as presents over the years that I've built once then chucked in with the boys mountain of it.)

That roller has some brilliant detail, but it's spoilt by the crap window frames.
Barry

Post by Barry »

The Roller isn't an official Lego build either, I'd be intrigued to see how they might solve the window frame issue.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:05 pm
I like Lego now, my boy is old enough to lose hours playing with it so I'm a fan. Not enough to buy my own though (though I have had some as presents over the years that I've built once then chucked in with the boys mountain of it.)

That roller has some brilliant detail, but it's spoilt by the crap window frames.
Get your boy to build it better. That’s the joy of Lego.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:50 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:05 pm

Get your boy to build it better. That’s the joy of Lego.
i couldn't agree more. It makes me laugh when I hear people wishing that a set did/was something different.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Maybe the door frame in black would lose some of its awkwardness?
Cheers,

Ian
mik

Post by mik »

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That's quite funny. Very well done.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Barry

Post by Barry »

New VIP is called Insiders, and now you can scan your instruction manuals and register the set on the site, earning 20points each time. Just added 400 points to my tally as a test..
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I can confirm, the Lego velociraptor is clearly designed to fit the mountain bike that comes in the set. Tbh, it fits better than the mini figures that's supposed to ride it!

Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Barry wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:01 pm New VIP is called Insiders, and now you can scan your instruction manuals and register the set on the site, earning 20points each time. Just added 400 points to my tally as a test..
It’s only post-2018 sets which qualify, I believe. Most of mine are probably still sealed boxes meaning I harm their value for some points towards a £5 off voucher - I’ll check the ones I have opened at some point but they’re probably all in storage so I guess I’ll miss out 😄
Barry

Post by Barry »

All true yeah, they only started printing the QR/online manuals at that point it seems. I've got a few sets built so I'll add those recent ones, but I'm not opening boxes for the sake of a few pennies discount either.
tim

Post by tim »

Jobbo is this a genuine investment strategy or are you just lazy?! What’s your exit strategy for this mountain of sealed sets?

My gf and her kids are planning a NYE lego session, currently trying to decide what would be a good multi person kit to build. Maybe titanic or Eifel Tower
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

tim wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:25 pm Jobbo is this a genuine investment strategy or are you just lazy?! What’s your exit strategy for this mountain of sealed sets?
Just lazy/lacking in space to get them out/too hassled by cats whenever I do try to build anything. So no, it was never an investment strategy but it turns out buying things which I like may well have been a good investment. I've not sold anything and don't plan to. Looking at new houses with more space and areas where cats can be shut out :lol: