Randomness

Beany

Re: Randomness

Post by Beany »

None of the reviews/previews/etc I saw suggested it was perfect, but the general feel I got was that it was a vast improvement over the zero feedback you get from any other EV in terms of inherently judging speed.
mik

Post by mik »

Beany wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:59 am Apparently it's actually quite well implemented, reported by people who have driven them.
:roll: not for me sir.

Now if they could add a pretend clutch and a pretend gear lever that would pretend to baulk if I pretended to rush it too quickly, or could pretend to stall if I didn't pretend to give it enough pretend throttle when I pulled away, that could be like turtely awesume.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

mik wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:19 am
Beany wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:59 am Apparently it's actually quite well implemented, reported by people who have driven them.

Now if they could add a pretend clutch and a pretend gear lever that would pretend to baulk if I pretended to rush it too quickly, or could pretend to stall if I didn't pretend to give it enough pretend throttle when I pulled away, that could be like turtely awesume.
Would sir also like some pretend kangarooing for that ultimate first time driver experience, and slight power loss to simulate a boost leak too?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

jamcg wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:59 am
mik wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:19 am

Would sir also like some pretend kangarooing for that ultimate first time driver experience, and slight power loss to simulate a boost leak too?
The latter is already implemented naturally as the battery overheats and state of charge decreases. It’s a bit like turbo heat soak innit.
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

So presumably it's now just a small software update to get the full F&F experience ?

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:47 pm So presumably it's now just a small software update to get the full F&F experience ?

Don’t forget to double clutch and not granny shift that full synchro gearbox
mik

Post by mik »

Mad

Beany

Post by Beany »

Deep, man.

I mean Loch Ness. It's deep and long, that's why it has more water.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:17 pm Deep, man.
It's deep and long.
TPWBBSTTWT.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I'm not even going to bother trying to pull that apart
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Isn't it technically that Loch Ness has more water than all the lakes in England and Wales?

(as opposed to more water in the red area)

i.e. I guess the "lakes in England and Wales" doesn't include reservoirs and other such things?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

DaveE wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:12 am

Isn't it technically that Loch Ness has more water than all the lakes in England and Wales?

i.e. I guess the "lakes in England and Wales" doesn't include reservoirs and other such things?
That certainly makes more sense.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

DaveE wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:12 am

More than the Lake District, Wales and a million other places? :?
Cheers,

Ian
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

IMG_1581.png
IMG_1581.png (82.84 KiB) Viewed 132 times
mik

Post by mik »

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

We have a plague of these sorts around here - a bunch of 20 year olds on 4 wheelers and "pure off road" 2 stroke scramblers flying around the place at all hours - they use the paths, they use the Red Ways, regularly 2 up with no helmets etc.

Everyone knows who they are, everyone knows where they live (they don't even hide it as they regularly work on their bikes on the drive in groups) but nothing is done. Plod say the same thing "Report them with the location and time and we'll take action" but nothing is done.

Similarly the "Roving folks of Irish decent who haven't moved in 25 years" who do house clearances and just burn the lot, tyres and all. They regularly cover the village in stinky smoke but plod and council say the same - "Report them with the location and time and we'll take action" - but they never to.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

They are a menace in certain areas around here but can you imagine the uproar if out police did that? Don't get me wrong, I think they should but the officers would be the ones on trial.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Same police officer would have been dragged over the coals if that rider would have hit and injured/killed a family further down the road. Rather that bellclapper get injured rather than some unfortunately person further on.

Real tragedy is that rider will probably get a massive payout.