Page 1 of 1

Drivers who can't use traffic mirrors

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:02 pm
by mik
This kinda shizzle - set up at junctions where there is poor visibility.

Image

There is one on a road I travel fairly frequently where there is (funnily enough) an obstruction to the view from the minor road joining the major road that can't be addressed without knocking shizzle down. Which is precisely why is has a sizeable (I'd guess 80cm by 60cm) slightly convex mirror, with a big "hey look at me!" chevron border, fitted to the other side of the junction. With this, you can see things what are approaching without edging your vehicle out into the traffic whilst climbing over the top of your steering wheel to squint sideways.

The % of vehicles however that still edge out into the traffic whilst climbing over the top of their steering wheel to squint sideways is rondinculous. :evil:

Re: Drivers who can't use traffic mirrors

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 6:58 pm
by integrale_evo
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an official highways (or whatever relevant authority ) fitted one. Only small ones people with awkward driveways have put up themselves.

Re: Drivers who can't use traffic mirrors

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 12:12 am
by Swervin_Mervin
integrale_evo wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 6:58 pm I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an official highways (or whatever relevant authority ) fitted one. Only small ones people with awkward driveways have put up themselves.
Same. I don't think they're an official thing.

Edging out is though :D