Page 1 of 1

Esther Rantzen

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:14 pm
by Simon

Re: Esther Rantzen

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:30 pm
by Gavster
Nahhhh I grew up on that’s life. Gutted :(

Re: Esther Rantzen

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:53 pm
by Beany
Blimey, I thought she had passed a while back, shows how little I pay attention to such things.

86 is a good run though, and she did a decent amount of of good work in those years.

Re: Esther Rantzen

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:16 pm
by Rich B
She was on the radio a lot campaigning the the assisted dying bill, shame (whether you agree or not) that she saw it fail at the end - she came across a nice and very articulate lady.

Re: Esther Rantzen

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:00 pm
by dinny_g
That’s a real shame - That’s a life was a fundamental part of my childhood. The Nicholas Winton episode is iconic.

Remember she also started Childline which arguably led to Children in need.

Rich is right, a very smart, capable and articulate women at a time they were the exception rather than the norm on TV…

Rest in Peace Esther, you’ve earned it…

Re: Esther Rantzen

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:08 pm
by mik
R.I.P.

And now..... a carrot shaped like a penis.....

Re: Esther Rantzen

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:08 pm
by V8Granite
What a woman, strong till the end!

Dave!