McLaren 650S Spider vs. 720S Article: Bad Driver POV

SSO

McLaren 650S Spider vs. 720S Article: Bad Driver POV

Post by SSO »

This is from an bit of a different POV on the two: http://karenable.com/2018/06/mclaren-65 ... -insights/

Made his day though.
NotoriousREV

Re: McLaren 650S Spider vs. 720S Article: Bad Driver POV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Lovely write up. Your son sounds pretty grounded and humble considering you’re obviously not short of a few quid. If you’re ever looking to adopt a 43 year old, let me know.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Well, that is a very good, mature 20 year old (although, with your stable SSO, I’m not sure I’d wait until I was 19 to take my test! 😉 ) . Your colour spec on the 720S is spot on, and I’ve seen a lot living spitting distance from a McLaren dealership.

Ofcourse, what I’d want is a 720S Spider*... have they released a launch date for one yet or have they forgeotten about the Super Series amid their other recent launches?

*I prefer all my cars to be Spiders if the choice exists.. 😛
Cheers,

Ian
SSO

Post by SSO »

IanF wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:14 pm Well, that is a very good, mature 20 year old (although, with your stable SSO, I’m not sure I’d wait until I was 19 to take my test! 😉 ) . Your colour spec on the 720S is spot on, and I’ve seen a lot living spitting distance from a McLaren dealership.

Ofcourse, what I’d want is a 720S Spider*... have they released a launch date for one yet or have they forgeotten about the Super Series amid their other recent launches?

*I prefer all my cars to be Spiders if the choice exists.. 😛
Thanks and he is very well grounded. Boarding school and the different US State licensing requirements are what delayed him taking the test until he was 19.

O the 720S Spider, I have been told it is coming. Suspect we will see it in 2019.
SSO

Post by SSO »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:37 pm Lovely write up. Your son sounds pretty grounded and humble considering you’re obviously not short of a few quid. If you’re ever looking to adopt a 43 year old, let me know.
Thanks, he is pretty grounded.

On the adoption, just trying to get all the current ones off the payroll still.....
mik

Post by mik »

I’d have wet my pants at that opportunity at that age. Fair play for letting him - I gave eldest miklet a shot of the Evora on a quiet country road and was like “ok, go..... THATS ENOUGH...ok, down to second.... ok give it full beans..... OK WHOA THATS ENOUGH” etc etc :oops:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Your kids are all too well behaved :lol:

I vividly remember nabbing the keys to my dad's 911 and taking it for a good thrash when he was away for the weekend. I did at least put a shirt on in case I got stopped. I think I imagined it may help convince the rozzers that it was mine or something :D

SSO's son's probably already been out in both solo ;)
SSO

Post by SSO »

GG. wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:56 pm Your kids are all too well behaved :lol:

I vividly remember nabbing the keys to my dad's 911 and taking it for a good thrash when he was away for the weekend. I did at least put a shirt on in case I got stopped. I think I imagined it may help convince the rozzers that it was mine or something :D

Doubt it. Keys are kept in a safe and he doesn't have the combo.
GG.

Post by GG. »

SSO wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:35 pm
GG. wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:56 pm Your kids are all too well behaved :lol:

Doubt it. Keys are kept in a safe and he doesn't have the combo.
Hence the winky emoji - I'd certainly hope you'd keep your McLaren keys in a safe!

Let's just say I'm not as naive as my father either - though given my son is 2 he has some time yet before I need to take precautionary measures :lol:
SSO

Post by SSO »

GG. wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:41 pm
Hence the winky emoji - I'd certainly hope you'd keep your McLaren keys in a safe!

Let's just say I'm not as naive as my father either - though given my son is 2 he has some time yet before I need to take precautionary measures :lol:
Oh, not sure on that. Never to early to start.

One of my other son's did crash a car at age 4....long story but basically he was in the back seat (nursery school pick up). Wife jumped out for a second to talk to a friend. Car was parked on a slight hill. He decided that there was something in the front seat he wanted, Climbed over to get it, knocked the gearshift into neutral.....car rolled into another car parked just in front of it....cracked a rear light lens on the other car...