The Weather Thread.

GG.

Re: The Weather Thread.

Post by GG. »

Bucketing it down here in London with frequent thunder and lightning to boot.

Over 10mm this morning so far and 14mm/hr so looks like we’ll get a third of the monthly rain in one morning if this continues.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

The rain's here now and lots of it; squelchio.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

It's the Summer Solstice and I haven't planned anywhere to see the sunrise. Fail :( :oops: :evil:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I will be in bed before the sun sets, and still in bed when it rises. Saw a few pretty 3am skys last week while off work though.

I still want to do the clarkson top gear ‘race’ watch the sunset in Cornwall and then sunrise in Lowestoft. I bet if I ever get round to organising it it’ll rain non-stop
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I've wanted to do something like the last couple of years - maybe LEJOG / JOGLE through the daytime - but, erm, :oops: :(
I've also to plan where to see the sunset and left it too late to get to the coast :roll:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

nuttinnew wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:42 pm I've wanted to do something like the last couple of years - maybe LEJOG / JOGLE through the daytime - but, erm, :oops: :(
I've also to plan where to see the sunset and left it too late to get to the coast :roll:
Margate? Or was it a more involved drive all the way to Newquay? :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

It wouldn't have been Newquay, but the suggestion is probably worryingly close to how I decide destinations (Botany Bay would have been good for sunrise) :shock: :?
I was thinking Dungeness or Hythe earlier for the darkness, then worked back to Minnis Bay or Hampton Pier to be on the north side, but I'd left it too late for anywhere - or more accurately, more time since 18:30 had gone than I'd expected/hoped and left me short. Typically,
it was fairly cloudy here, clearing into the night :roll:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

An odd thing; smelt burning so looked out the window - dirty, dirty, pitch black portion of sky with a high rainbow, no lightning, thunder or signs of rain or any forecast. It looks like the bit in a film where the malevolent forces arrive, especially now the fields are lit by the setting sun.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Sounds like you’ve got a wildfire nearby
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Full moon is finally visible :D
Doubtless the clouds will cover it again soon but at least I've not missed it completely.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ftao Scottishers; https://moon.nasa.gov/news/196/the-next ... 20PM%20EDT.

Rain is forecast to start at eleven and continue through the night :roll:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Torrential rain here from 3am to 6pm, I had to go to a meeting and at one point the car briefly became a boat when it was lifted off the road completly. :shock:

Returning home on the opposite stretch I saw ambulance crews attending a car that had gone into trees at the same point.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Rain woke me up at about 4 yestermorn, not because it was hitting the window, it was coming straight down. It went on like that for I guess 20-30 mins but it didn't stop after that, it just sounded like it had because it had been so loud. One of those days when you wonder how there can be so much water up there.

Vaguely related;

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Thunderstorm currently passing over, flashes of lightning about every 2-3 seconds at times, saw some forking down to tv aerials and trees, not seen anything like this in my area for years
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Big cloud and non stop lightening to the north of Cheltenham tonight but no rain or thunder.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Came over quite heavy this afternoon but no rain or rumbles, then brightened up again for a nice sunset. Nice clear skys still now.
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Harvest supermoon tonight, rises at about six. Hopefully it'll stay clear enough to see it (scattered, wispy clouds atm).
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Red warnings, and two days running :shock: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/wa ... 2023-10-19
Good luck!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

We're near Aviemore until Saturday. So far it hasn't been too bad, but we must be quite sheltered. Drive home could be interesting.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away