Who's paying the most for cars these days?

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Who's paying the most for cars these days?

Post by Ascender »

Golf is due in a couple of weeks time so I'll look to move the Mini on. Last time we did this on the old forum, back in the good old days, I think Evans Halshaw were being recommended.

Any new kids on the block I should be checking out?

Cheers!
Cheers,

Mike.
JLv3.0

Re: Who's paying the most for cars these days?

Post by JLv3.0 »

In answer to the thread title, I imagine ShockDiamonds would take some beating on paying the most for cars.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I did think very carefully when choosing the thread title to leave it as open to interpretation as possible for maximum value. So while I'm pleased someone has taken the bait, I did think we'd assume everyone would make that particular joke and just move on.
Cheers,

Mike.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Selling the Renault made me realise that none of these online places will pay anything near what you want for the car.
John

Post by John »

I sold my c63 to WBAC. Evans Halsahw's online quote was slightly better but they were further away and I'd read that their buying process can drag on a bit. I was in and out of WBAC in 15 minutes and the sales person was a nice bloke and a bit of a car nut. They did knock around £150 off for a few stone chips but I was expecting this.

I've sold cars in the past back to the manufacturers dealer as they often give the best price but Mercedes didn't seem that interested in the car and offered 2k less than WBAC.
John

Post by John »

Oh and Tootle are supposed to be quite good. You put your car details on their website with pics and dealers bid you for it.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Ascender wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:37 am I did think very carefully when choosing the thread title to leave it as open to interpretation as possible for maximum value. So while I'm pleased someone has taken the bait, I did think we'd assume everyone would make that particular joke and just move on.
Well that's a very naive assumption to make, isn't it!!
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:12 am
Ascender wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:37 am I did think very carefully when choosing the thread title to leave it as open to interpretation as possible for maximum value. So while I'm pleased someone has taken the bait, I did think we'd assume everyone would make that particular joke and just move on.
Well that's a very naive assumption to make, isn't it!!
Yup, when I saw the title I was making the joke up as I clicked.

Why not put up a For Sells post on here?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

scotta wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:59 am Selling the Renault made me realise that none of these online places will pay anything near what you want for the car.
They're useless for old but interesting stuff, but usually as good as or better than trade in on more normal stuff.

About 5 years ago their best offer for my e30 was £175, before charges 😂
Cheers, Harry
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I sold my corsa to Evans halshaw a few years ago- their purchase procedure is to log onto we buy any car, get themselves a valuation off the site, email it to head office and then wait for a reply from them- they do guarantee to beat wbac’s offer- there is a bit of waiting around but if you’re thinking of wbac then it could be worth it for the extra cash- I think I was there about 30-40 mins in total from arrival to sale
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Used Evans H for misses car, done in 30mins and offered better price than wbac. 1k more than dealer we bought replacement from. :roll:
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Ascender wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:37 am ...and just move on.
And when did the forum ever do that, exactly? :)
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Looks like WBAC is the front runner - their valuation is the highest and we used them to sell the XC90 which was an utterly painless process. I keep having the mad idea to sell it privately but I genuinely CBA dealing with people as most of them appear to be idiots.
Cheers,

Mike.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Is it a Cooper S ?
Real-life Females
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Nathan wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:55 pmIs it a Cooper S ?
Cooper D. And its now gone...

Used WBAC in the end and it was a painless process. They bought our XC90 and their offer actually increased when they saw the car. This time round that was never going to happen given the hard life the car has had, but the deductions were fair enough compared to what it would have cost to fix them.
Cheers,

Mike.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

WBAC was painless for me. They even took a few of the items of declared damage off as they didn't think they were bad enough to worry about, so their price went up a bit. Done in 15 mins, BACS transfer with the money the following day.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

The conversation with the wife went as expected when she asked why we'd ended up with £600 less than expected. She still insists it was other kids who kerbed the alloys and then ran off. And as for the bumped doors and scraped boot sill, that was definitely down to the cats or atmospheric conditions.

This is why you're not allowed nice things.

She's not getting near the Golf R although I fully expect it to smell like a stable and look like Stig of the Dump has been living in it by this time next week.
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Similar to a recent conversation with my wife:

Me: I see you kerbed your alloy, you have to be careful, they cost way more than the wheels and tyres on your old car.
Wife: well I won’t be paying.
M: Eh?
M: you will for being so horrible.
M: ...
Richard

Post by Richard »

I sold my Abarth Punto to WBAC

It was very easy

Through the fog of time I can’t quite remember if I told the guy about the broken suspension and turbo which no longer worked? Or the exhaust which somehow needed replacing? And I’m not sure that he noticed in the dark that the paint was flatter than a very, very flat thing

Obviously they don’t give the very best price, not by a long shot, but there’s no adverts to write and pay for, and no muggles coming round to the house to kick the tyres
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:44 pm Similar to a recent conversation with my wife:

Me: I see you kerbed your alloy, you have to be careful, they cost way more than the wheels and tyres on your old car.
Wife: well I won’t be paying.
M: Eh?
M: you will for being so horrible.
M: ...
:lol:

Sounds like a conversation with Mrs mik....

Mrs mik: I dont want to do thing 'cos of X :|
Mik: I dont get it, X is shirley not an issue because of blah :?
Mrs mik: But i also don't want to do thing 'cos of Y :evil:
Mik: but that doesnt make sense to me, surely thats no problem due to blah bleh :geek:
Mrs mik: look, I'm not doing thing 'cos of Z! :evil: :evil:
Mik: ah OK - suddenly that makes complete sense! Why didnt you just say that? :)
Mrs mik: I JUST DID! What a stupid thing to say when I just said it! :evil: :evil: : :evil:
Mik: but... ah never mind :?

Note: none of that conversation had anything to do with sex you pervs.