Pakora in Inglandcestirshire?

mik

Pakora in Inglandcestirshire?

Post by mik »

Indian takeaway tonight with family, including some up from Southern England.

It was suggested that England based places don’t really do pakora? Adults had tried chicken pakora before, but 18yr old had no idea what it was. Veggie pakora was new to them all tonight :? They claimed to be fans of Indian food, but one of them got a Korma, so - obviously - I am a little suspicious.

This claim both confused and surprised me - is it true? :? I’ve had very good curries in restaurants in Leeds and London, and never noticed an absence of Pakora, but wasn’t really paying attention to it…

Mrs mik loves mushroom, or cauliflower pakora, and my fave place in Glasgow does an absolutely bangin’ fish pakora. Please tell me I’ve been misinformed and you southerners aren’t missing out on this…. :cry:
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Re: Pakora in Inglandcestirshire?

Post by IanF »

Home Counties have pakoras, so you can stop worrying 👍👍
Cheers,

Ian
mik

Post by mik »

I can sleep tonight. Phew.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Definitely pakora available here although none of my white friends order them. Brown friends do have them although that’s been when there’s a party they like to make them.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I don't often order them but I do like chicken pakora. I feel guilty as they're too close to chicken nuggets, and then you're on the verge of ordering chips in a curry house, which I'd never do.

OT, I used to work with a chap whose family ran a Chinese restaurant/takeaway and he said omelette was one of their most popular dishes. Which seems odd but if you have an urge for takeaway omelette, where else would you get one ?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

mik wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:09 am They claimed to be fans of Indian food, but one of them got a Korma, so - obviously - I am a little suspicious.
More than a little! Should have been out on their ear at that point. :lol:

Pakoras are definitely a thing down here. I tend not to order them on their own but still have them when one gets mixed table starter type arrangements.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I regularly get paneer pakora as a starter. Deep fried battered cheese is always a winner.

I never did much currying when I was down south, so it's entirely possible that the southern jessies are doing it wrong, as is so regularly the case.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Definitely have them in the NW

Mmmmm, curry
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

When I visit my friends in Stirling, the local Indian Takeaway has Chicken Nugget Balti and Puzza Naan…

So perhaps our Scottish brethren aren’t the benchmark for good Indian food… ;)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…