Woman

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Woman

Post by IanF »

Just been dumped.. by WhatsApp no less.. hoping it’s nothing to do with not having a car ..
Cheers,

Ian
mik

Re: Woman

Post by mik »

Dumped in a contemporary manner at least :?

Hopefully it wasn't a bolt out of the blue. But yeah - get another car just in case.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Should have bought her what she wanted from Boodles! Or bullet dodged depending on how you look at it!
How about not having a sig at all?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I'm pretty sure it is not related to being carless but if it is you've dodged a bigger bullet :D
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Oof - via Whatsapp...the old fashioned dumping via SMS is no more.

Time for a new car AND a new woman.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Excellent news! She wasn't the (next) one. Buy a Ferrari (again).

An 812 in that dark red with proper alloy coloured wheels went by me in town today, it was sensational. Get one of those.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

If only you worked in an industry full of attractive women who's job it is to travel the world and stay in far flung places with you... 😀
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If it flies, floats or fucks you’re better off leasing it?
How about not having a sig at all?
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Sigh.. in an unfortunate kismet timing thing, my daughter has just binned this weekend with me: ffs! 🤷‍♂️🙄☹️
Cheers,

Ian
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Appreciate the positivity though gents 👍👍👍
Cheers,

Ian
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Go to a club at 01:00 wearing your work uniform and pre-order an Uber at 01:05 and have some fun 😎

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sorry to hear it Ian ☹️
No matter how much it feels crap, I’m sure it will ultimately be better than you getting married and her doing the same some years down the line. That’s no consolation I know.

Get swiping on Tinder - onwards and upwards. Or maybe apply to Love Island/Married At First Sight.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

That sucks Ian but as Jobbo says, onwards and upwards.

How long were you seeing her for??

If it was a short enough period that a WhatsApp was an acceptable method then no harm, no foul.

If it was a longer period then WhatsApp is no way to do it so you’re better off in the long run.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

She wanted a shopping spree in boodles a couple of days ago and now this ? I agree with the bullet dodging.

And didn’t you recently relocate for her benefit ? Or did I imagine that ?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

And this gives me an opportunity to post my favourite joke:

Q: Why do women wear makeup and perfume ?

A: Because they’re ugly & they smell.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Ah that's shit Ian.

As said though onwards and upwards!

Go spend a week in DFW near the AA hostess training center and have some fun 8-)
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Dumping by WhatsApp is low, unless you've only seen them a for a few dates. It's never an easy conversation, but always a better outcome.

Anyway, to contradict everyone else I'd say this is a great opportunity to stay the fcuk away from wasting hours on dating apps and instead to selfishly focus on making your own life as fun, adventurous and brilliant as possible.

Dating apps are purgatory and an easy way to waste loads of time and money with people you don't like :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:40 am And this gives me an opportunity to post my favourite joke:

Q: Why do women wear makeup and perfume ?

A: Because they’re ugly & they smell.
I always liked that joke but when I shared it with my wife she didn’t find it funny. No idea why 😂
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Gavster wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:13 pm Anyway, to contradict everyone else I'd say this is a great opportunity to stay the fcuk away from wasting hours on dating apps and instead to selfishly focus on making your own life as fun, adventurous and brilliant as possible.

Dating apps are purgatory and an easy way to waste loads of time and money with people you don't like :lol:
I enjoyed Tinder - I like meeting people and it hones your skills of weeding out scammers and wrong ’uns to avoid meeting up. Not sure if it’s changed much in 7/8 years since I used it though. Back then it was a massive faux pas to super-like someone because you immediately came across as a weirdo. Someone told me you can pay for additional suer-likes now so that’s multiple chances to come across as a weirdo each day, bonus 😄
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 am
Gavster wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:13 pm Anyway, to contradict everyone else I'd say this is a great opportunity to stay the fcuk away from wasting hours on dating apps and instead to selfishly focus on making your own life as fun, adventurous and brilliant as possible.

I enjoyed Tinder - I like meeting people and it hones your skills of weeding out scammers and wrong ’uns to avoid meeting up. Not sure if it’s changed much in 7/8 years since I used it though. Back then it was a massive faux pas to super-like someone because you immediately came across as a weirdo. Someone told me you can pay for additional suer-likes now so that’s multiple chances to come across as a weirdo each day, bonus 😄
Did you meet your current partner through dating apps?

They seem to a very subjective experience. I get relatively few matches on Tinder and loads on Hinge, which a standup recently described as the LinkedIn of dating :lol:. My main gripe was spending a lot of time and money running around on dates, yet none of those relationships went past a month or two, most were just a date to realise that we weren't really attracted to each other in person. Ironically the most mental one managed to hide it behind six weeks of fun before she went compltely nuclear at someone in a dispute over a sunlounger at Shoreditch house. She was 100% in the wrong, she blew up because she couldn't have her way. When I (calmly) asked about the situation afterwards she went full spastic and then blocked me on everything. Massive daddy issues. Also had one massive catfish who was clearly a decade older than her profile said.

Anyway, that's why I found it a huge waste of time and money, even though elements of the process were undeniably great fun.