Woman

Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Re: Woman

Post by Gavin »

Last time I was dumped I am not sure I even had a mobile and Whatsapp didn't exist. I think her mate told my mate to tell me!

Sounds like she wasn't the one and althouh you will likely feel a bit down regardless as rejection is crap, as others have said, you are a high flyer single man who now has time to go round car shopping! Nice date with Jobbo to go round the flash dealers!
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

I've been with mine far too long (since uni), so will remain in fantasy land that if she ever leaves me I can download Grindr and get bummed. Sorry had a Phil Schofield moment.

Surely a good chance to dip your wick without worries other than a bowt of the yid. Is speed / slow dating still a thing?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Gavster wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 pm Did you meet your current partner through dating apps?
Yes, on Tinder. I think it’s quite an honest app, or at least it was in 2017 - you both like each other’s photo and short bio enough to allow you to message each other. Basically like real life except widening your social circle.

I suspect 7 years’ development and monetising has changed it slightly but at the time it felt quite natural.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I bumped into an old mate recently whose marriage ended and has been hitting up Tinder. He’s having a great time with it.

He basically described it as hook up app. Swipes till he finds someone that’s a match. They go on a date which is usually drinks in a bar, coffees etc, then second date is in one of their houses. Food, wine, Sex ensues.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

What a shitter. Over WhatsApp is a bit out of order too, depending on the longevity. I’d echo much of the above advice: new car, hit the dating apps and go bang some strange.

I used Bumble over Tinder but they’re much the same. No nightmare stories from my time (heard plenty), go knock yourself out 8-)
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Bumble has got me more dates, Tinder is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. I've only had one match on Hinge and it's got me into my current relationship and she seems remarkably sane by my standards.

Sorry to hear it's gone to shit, Ian.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

It's important to remember it's ok to be single as well. You're not defined by being in a relationship.

When my wife leaves me as I'm a dickhead rather than berating me for it I'm going solo for a bit.
Last edited by Carlos on Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

dinny_g wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:57 pm I bumped into an old mate recently whose marriage ended and has been hitting up Tinder. He’s having a great time with it.

He basically described it as hook up app. Swipes till he finds someone that’s a match. They go on a date which is usually drinks in a bar, coffees etc, then second date is in one of their houses. Food, wine, Sex ensues.
I always banked on the third date because it was more predictable. I'd do evening drinks or food on a first date. If that that went well, then I'd arrange a quick daytime coffee somewhere in the next day or two for the second date. Third date would be evening again and guaranteed action every single time.

The whole process of matching, texting, arranging dates etc is still a pita and casual hookups do get quite boring after a while.

You can see why gay guys have it so easy when it comes to casaul sex. None of that planning, schmoozing or 2nd/3rd date strategy is needed. Simply match on an app, get their address, then whizz in and out quicker than you can get a pizza delivered. The other person's name, a sense of trust or feeling a spark are completely unnecessary details :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Hmm, maybe I should bat for the other side :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Gavster wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:31 pm
dinny_g wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:57 pm I bumped into an old mate recently whose marriage ended and has been hitting up Tinder. He’s having a great time with it.

I always banked on the third date because it was more predictable. I'd do evening drinks or food on a first date. If that that went well, then I'd arrange a quick daytime coffee somewhere in the next day or two for the second date. Third date would be evening again and guaranteed action every single time.

The whole process of matching, texting, arranging dates etc is still a pita and casual hookups do get quite boring after a while.

You can see why gay guys have it so easy when it comes to casaul sex. None of that planning, schmoozing or 2nd/3rd date strategy is needed. Simply match on an app, get their address, then whizz in and out quicker than you can get a pizza delivered. The other person's name, a sense of trust or feeling a spark are completely unnecessary details :lol:
Not being familiar with Online Dating, I presume there's specific key words to look for for this kind of hook-up. The women my mate's been with certainly aren't looking for anything serious.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I just read that part and can imagine you selling the "Gavster System" to desperate men and having seminars where they can pay for your dating secrets.
Cheers,

Mike.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 am

Not being familiar with Online Dating, I presume there's specific key words to look for for this kind of hook-up. The women my mate's been with certainly aren't looking for anything serious.
It’s an interesting point and I wonder if age has anything to do with it - how old was your mate? My last bout of online dating was 2020 and 2021 when I was 42/43. I had a friend who was (I think) about 30 at the same time and he seemed to regualrly hookup on first dates. I tried it a few times and it never worked out. Second dates very occasionally did for me, but never first. Or maybe he’s simply better looking than me :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

He's mid 40's with greying hair and a significant paunch. I don't want to sound gay or nothin' but you should have a lot more luck than him :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

(1980s schoolyard)

Dinny is gay for Gav!

(1980s schoolyard)

Dave!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 pm I don't want to sound gay or nothin'
Of course not, you fancy women just as much as the next man.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

IanF wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:10 pm hoping it’s nothing to do with not having a car ..
At least she couldn't take it when she went;

"Did you marry him for his money?"
"No. I divorced him for it".
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Is this the right thread for this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_effect
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

nuttinnew wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:28 pm
dinny_g wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 pm I don't want to sound gay or nothin'
Of course not, you fancy women just as much as the next man.
:lol:
tim

Post by tim »

Women are like socks, you have to change them once in a while.

(if my current g/f is reading this, jks obvs)