PS5 Games

GG.

PS5 Games

Post by GG. »

As mentioned on the other thread - I recently had a mid-life crisis and bought a games console (PS5 Slim). The first one I've had since the PS1 in the late 90s.

I've spent a fair chunk of time on GT 7 already and have downloaded COD (but not spent any meaningful time on it as yet b/c of the inverted axis view issue).

For those ith PS5s, what do you spend your time playing/would recommend?
mik

Re: PS5 Games

Post by mik »

Get. A. Wheel.

That is all.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I play a lot of games, what kind of stuff are you looking for and I’ll chuck you some suggestions.
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

I'm reasonably open minded. I'm not hugely in to mindless first person shooter games (notwithstanding I've bought COD but that's largely due to its reputation). Appreciate that is not much of a steer...

Amusingly I see Tomb Raider has been reissued on the PS5 - that takes me back.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Play CoD until you're ok at it, then get warzone (free) and play that forever.

At least that's what I've done.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I've just downloaded ExoDos (for PC). 7000+ DOS games! Having fun with Sierra's Incredible Machine.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

COD on a games pad will be a struggle if you’re just starting, tbh most shooting games will be as it’s hundreds of hours of getting dialled in with a joystick to accurately use it - which is hard to make up as an adult.

Cyberpunk is enjoyable.
GTAV is worth it if you haven’t played it before.
No Mans Sky is a great space explorer.
Tomb Raider is good but I haven’t played the reissue.
Spider-Man - yes you’d think it’s childish and the story is pretty stupid but swinging through New York City doesn’t get old.

Might be worth getting a short sub to PS Plus which has a catalogue of free games to see what you like.
How about not having a sig at all?
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Helldivers 2 is currently my addiction. On PC....but PS5 crossplay.

ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

If you want some more PS1 nostalgia the Metal Gear Solid remasters are good.

FF7 Remake and Rebirth take the world of FF7 and go mad with it.

As Matty suggested Helldivers 2 is the game just now, everyone’s playing it.

Elden Ring is a good gateway into the soulslike.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

I've just started Pacific Drive, it's definitely A Vibe and does a good job of showing off what modern hardware can do when you have a specific art style in mind.

It's not quite as actiony as the trailer suggests so far (about three hours in), more chill and story oriented (with really good writing and voice acting), but I can imagine it getting more hectic later on.

I'm playing it on PC but these days most PC/PS/XBox games are basically identical, rather than being individual versions for individual platforms like wot it used to be back in the day, so the game will be functionally identical - just with slightly less eye candy than you can get it you dump £500 into a graphics card, etc.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I did the same recently mainly for Spiderman but found myself finally playing Shadow to the Colossus which is a game I somehow managed to miss when it first came out.

We're currently decluttering the house so I must not buy a steering wheel and GT7.... but.... if I was to buy a wheel, what's the recommended option?
Cheers,

Mike.