Break/Tail light bulbs

tim

Break/Tail light bulbs

Post by tim »

Whodathunk replacing a brake light bulb on a Mk4 Mondeo would be such a pain in the arse?!

It's a combined break/tail light. P21/5 380 according to the manual. But wait, these fuckers come with various end cap designs thusly:

https://www.classicbulbs.co.uk/faq/data ... ay-baz-baw

I need a BAW type. Every registration compatibility checker I can find online just tries to sell me a BAY. None of the bulb sites I can find specify the bayonet type. The Philips Vision pack I ordered off Amazon has no markings on it anywhere to indicate the bayonet type.

Shirley the amount of mundanos out there this would have been sorted a long time ago?

Yours,
Fed up of Harleston
tim

Re: Break/Tail light bulbs

Post by tim »

Further confusion. Owners manual just says P21/5 - the 380 bit is what all the configurators tell you. It's not a P21/5 at all it's a P21/4 566 type. FFS ford!
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

No local motor factors, ECP or halfrauds? I find it easier to just go in with a bulb and match it up in there and fit in the carpark for this very reason, to easy to mess up online and it doesn't cost much more (at least time saved not screwing around with returns is payback).
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I go to Merc for my Bulbs as they are oddly cheap.

Dave!