Damn London tourists and nasties.

V8Granite

Damn London tourists and nasties.

Post by V8Granite »

So at least 4 or more times a year we are off into London. Either food and drink debauchery with the wife, concert etc or a touristy day with the kids.

Yesterday was a family day.

So into London, straight to the natural history museum which despite not having the large mammal exhibit open, we all really enjoyed as usual.
Then we walked to the aquarium as me and the wife enjoy all the architecture, general Londonness of the place.

In that walk we saw the following….

Every fucking tourist taking a picture with their phone on the floor. I’m guessing this is the new twat way of taking a picture in a busy public place ?

Some Japanese tourists get pick pocketed.

Tapping a guy on the shoulder who reached for my wife’s coat.

Absolute morons on Westminster bridge with stupid spinny cameras. Cholera filled hotdogs. Tricycle riding taxi scam artists blaring out angry foreign rap. Plus Police ignoring it all.

Also had to do a speedy walk as the Palestinian protest was going on, Police again doing nothing as they were spitting vile language and generally screaming at anyone and everyone.

So, might give it 6 months and see what it’s like till we take the kids again 😂

Is it like this all the time or was something happening this weekend ? It was very busy which was. Shame as we thought so close to Easter it wouldn’t be too bad ?

£50 for 4 return on the train though, quite impressed at that at least.

Dave!
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Re: Damn London tourists and nasties.

Post by Gavster »

Sounds like standard tourist hotspots in London behaviour - the pickpocketing and petty crime levels seem to have increased though, definitely in the shops, they're facing unprecedented levels of theft and abuse.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Yeah the amount of doormen for shops was incredible.

The Met really are a joke from what I saw and knowing someone in it.

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

London at the weekends/peak tourist season is shit. But I guess every massive city is the same in that regard.
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Stamford is lovely if that counts 😂.

Dave!
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Gavster wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:47 am Sounds like standard tourist hotspots in London behaviour - the pickpocketing and petty crime levels seem to have increased though, definitely in the shops, they're facing unprecedented levels of theft and abuse.
I think the phone theft by guys all dressed in black riding black derestricted electric mountain bikes is the biggest issue at the moment. In the last four weeks I've seen them stealing near London Bridge, getting in my way at the Elephant and Castle, and stealing on Marylebone High St. Generally white guys, in pairs or as three - The Marylebone High St incident last weekend amazed me as they left the street for 5 min after nicking a phone then came back the other way for another go!

I always walk with my phone on the building-side rather than street-side at the moment.

Aside from that, avoid the tourist spots on the weekend and London is still great!
John

Post by John »

I’m in london this weekend. The only bother I’ve had was a “homeless” bloke who accosted me near Monument and tried telling me that it was his 38th birthday and would I give him some money. When I declined he shouted CUNT at the top of his voice which made me laugh :lol: