Exploding tempered glasses

mik

Exploding tempered glasses

Post by mik »

Dropped an ikea tumbler out of a cupboard onto stone worktop at the weekend, with the normal exploding effect. :(

Brushed floors and worktops. Weird how you end up with chunks fused together creating glass of thicker section than the glass ever offered. Then hoovered everywhere. Worktops. Floor. Table. Soft furnishings. Hard furnishings. Medium furnishings. Fuck me it gets everywhere :cry:
jamcg

Re: Exploding tempered glasses

Post by jamcg »

Something tells me you’ll get no sympathy from gavster
mik

Post by mik »

He’s hardcore
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

At least you didn't have to wash the glass out of your hair :lol: but yeah, I expect to find small bits of glass in my Smart from now until the end of eternity.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Gavster wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:43 am At least you didn't have to wash the glass out of your hair :lol: but yeah, I expect to find small bits of glass in my Smart from now until the end of eternity.
The smarts (well 453 at least) also seem to have these horrible wiry carpets that trap absolutely everything and if you try and agitate it with a hoover then go all fuzzy and even worse :evil:

Set fire to it and start again I think :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

GG. wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:42 am The smarts (well 453 at least) also seem to have these horrible wiry carpets that trap absolutely everything and if you try and agitate it with a hoover then go all fuzzy and even worse :evil:
Both mine & Gavster's are 450s but pre & post facelift, and the carpet in the facelift car is noticably more wiry. Desperate cost cutting after the early models didn't sell as well as hoped for ?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:07 am
GG. wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:42 am The smarts (well 453 at least) also seem to have these horrible wiry carpets that trap absolutely everything and if you try and agitate it with a hoover then go all fuzzy and even worse :evil:
Both mine & Gavster's are 450s but pre & post facelift, and the carpet in the facelift car is noticably more wiry. Desperate cost cutting after the early models didn't sell as well as hoped for ?
Yes may well be. They certainly don't look like they've come out the mercedes parts (fabric) bin. Maybe renault...

In a school run car they end up being up to half their weight again in crushed hula hoops and other detritus :roll:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Use a massage gun on the carpet while hoovering, works a treat.

Dave!
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:57 pm Use a massage gun on the carpet while hoovering, works a treat.

Dave!
Saw a video like that, with a handheld sander instead, but had the same effect
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I always use a vibrating dildo when vacuuming my car.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:45 pm I always use a vibrating dildo when vacuuming my car.
TMI - do you also use something on the carpet?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

mik wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:36 pm
Mito Man wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:45 pm I always use a vibrating dildo when vacuuming my car.
TMI - do you also use something on the carpet?
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

^^ I use this stuff - it's ace.

Just remember to wash with something else after to get this off. (Something like stick stuff remover remover).
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Managed to launch my glass topped kitchen scales onto the tiled floor this morning, because some water stuck them to the bottom of a pan. They shattered.

Probably safer if I stay away from glass for a few days :lol:
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

My wife was given home made elderberry cordial a few years back, from a parent of one of her pupils.

It exploded and the entire kitchen, pretty much, was covered in stickiness with shards of glass stuck to most surfaces. I steam cleaned so many times to get it useable. Had the chap who gave it been in the vicinity, I would definitely have gone all JJ Blade on his ass!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

So much bad tempered glass :(
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Gavin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:20 pm My wife was given home made elderberry cordial a few years back, from a parent of one of her pupils.

It exploded and the entire kitchen, pretty much, was covered in stickiness with shards of glass stuck to most surfaces. I steam cleaned so many times to get it useable. Had the chap who gave it been in the vicinity, I would definitely have gone all JJ Blade on his ass!
That's absolutely horrendous, I'd want to talk away from that and sell the house rather than clean :lol: