4%
10. Cosmetic surgery
No votes

Total votes: 27

mik

Euromillions immediate purchase

Post by mik »

You’ve won £silly on the Euromillions.

What’s your first impulse purchase? (For yourself - obvs you’d be purchasing other shozsle for family). Like within 2 days.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Re: Euromillions immediate purchase

Post by IanF »

I’d not buy anything too reckless for the first few weeks. Instead Id just rent a Villa somewhere warm.. rent a boat maybe, hire a chef , generally have a fantastic, relaxing holiday before the mad spendzzz happens! Oh and send tickets to family members, maybe even to the same place! 😁
Cheers,

Ian
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Property here
Ruf Rt12
Big Chalet in Obertauren
Full set of Porcelain Teeth

Then next week…😂
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

IanF wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:11 pm I’d not buy anything too reckless for the first few weeks. Instead Id just rent a Villa somewhere warm.. rent a boat maybe, hire a chef , generally have a fantastic, relaxing holiday before the mad spendzzz happens! Oh and send tickets to family members, maybe even to the same place! 😁
Excellent answer! 😂
Beany

Post by Beany »

Buy a house somewhere quiet, remote but with good internet - fuck it, have it laid for me, I can afford it - and a large garage/workshop.

Pick up a clean 996 Turbot (common enough to be buying same day, CASH), a clean Merc S600 (same).

Fund a contractor to near immediately replace me at work I don't need to worry about that. I'm not a monster, etc.

Then fucking chill and talk to no-one for about four years. :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Stick it all on Bitcoin. Double or nothing.
How about not having a sig at all?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Walk into a showroom and buy anything Mid-engined V12 and manual. Can't think of any brand or age of vehicle in that spec I wouldn't immediately enjoy and probably want to keep forever.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

House. Then four more houses in the other primo spots around NZ. Maybe one in Japan.

Buy 911GT3 Touring. Proceed to spend the rest of my life doing roadies between all the places seeing cool shit.*

*May include coke and hookers.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I took a more practical viewpoint, buying property is not the work of a moment so that rules that out (although I would start looking for the right places both home and abroad).

I'd probably buy an M5CS, that can happily sit on my current drive for a few months and take me about on the day to day and on some nice trips. I would start looking out for more exotic stuff coming available for the collection and if the right cars came up buy them and store them in preparation for my car cave to receive them once ready.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Duncs is correct. Buying a property takes a few weeks at least even if you are waving cash at the seller.

I’d buy a watch first, purely because I could wear it and look at it without being ostentatious. I think I’d then start looking at cars because the purchasing process is part of the fun. And I’d buy a house in Salcombe.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’d buy an f40 and delta integrale immediately, would have to find storage for the f40 but would happily start using the lancia straight away.

Would be perfectly happy with a decently sized secluded property in Norfolk/Suffolk with a large barn / workshop. I’d keep several of the cars I already have but pay retropower to teach me how to restore them to better than original.

Wouldn’t mind a second house in wales either.
Cheers, Harry
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Big house in country, with attendant staff (housekeeping, groundkeeping, valet*). The purchasing would take time but start immediately. I would prioritise Yorkshire area but consider others, although a castle in Scotland would not be out of the question. Rebuild may be required, with planning sufficient not to alienate the local community. Updates would be posted in the house projects thread of course.

Fun cars for me (stable of couple of super cars for sure, starting with an AM Victor but also various sports cars, track toy and 4x4), large chauffeur driven car when I can’t be arsed to drive. Stabled at large county house.
Apartment in city.

Perma rents on a couple of luxury hotels here and there.
New house for my parents with carers for mother.

I’d plough money into medical charity and move sideways into philanthropy on medical research. Maybe I would continue to work a few days around this.

*Everyone forgets the staff. How can I live my PG Wodehouse dreams unless I have a valet??
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Think I’d pay mik for an argument

RobYob

Post by RobYob »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:14 am Would be perfectly happy with a decently sized secluded property in Norfolk/Suffolk with a large barn / workshop. I’d keep several of the cars I already have but pay retropower to teach me how to restore them to better than original.
Did you ever join one for the AS Motorsport open days near Bressingham? Very cool setup doing recreation DBR1.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:15 am Stick it all on Bitcoin. Double or nothing.
:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

jamcg wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:35 am Think I’d pay mik for an argument
No you wouldn’t
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

mik wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:45 am
jamcg wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:35 am Think I’d pay mik for an argument
No you wouldn’t
Looks like I’m getting one for free :lol:

However that’s not an argument it’s a contradiction
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

No it’s not.
mik

Post by mik »

*TING*

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:47 am No it’s not.
Don’t you start