FPN advice

mik

Re: FPN advice

Post by mik »

Jimexpl wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:29 am
If you’re looking for a house I’ve got a friend with one he’s looking to move on in a West London Mews, but only to a ‘car person’ - c.5000sqft, plus the ground floor garage which fits 14 cars. He only wants £12m for it if you’re interested….
Pfft. @IanF ain't doin' no significant downsize foh nobody. :evil:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Just need to move that decimal point one place to the left and I'm in!
mik

Post by mik »

GG. wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:21 pm Just need to move that decimal point one place to the left and I'm in!
There you go @Jimexpl - GG will pay £12m for it, but but only needs 500.0 sqft. 8-)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

GG. wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:21 pm Just need to move that decimal point one place to the left and I'm in!
Almost enough to cover the generous stamp duty ;)
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

mik wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:36 pm
There you go @Jimexpl - GG will pay £12m for it, but but only needs 500.0 sqft. 8-)
🧐 🧐 🧐
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

GG. wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:48 pm
mik wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:36 pm
🧐 🧐 🧐
I don’t think he’ll go for that!
Perhaps an OV9 group purchase/clubhouse?!

It’s a corner plot on Queens Gate Place Mews with doors along both sides so you don’t have to shunt your fleet around too much to get one out from the back.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

If it’s a corner plot then I bet dogs pee all over the corner.

For that reason ALONE I will not be purchasing the property.

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just seen that the Fulham clean air zone is on BBC news now. Uber (and presumably other private hire vehicles) can’t drive through the cameras either so they’re dropping off women on the main roads at night which is unsafe. This is also combined with the fact that many people in the area got a letter warning people to be vigilant about travelling alone in this area at night due to a sexual harasser which is now causing quite a lot of concern.
Didn’t personally receive the letter but saw it on the local Facebook group. Would be a real shame if they went after the councillors who came up with this scheme. A real shame.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

I’m concerned I replied to this topic and it hasn’t shown up.. wtaf?

@matty
Cheers,

Ian
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

IanF wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:31 pm Image
I've only just noticed the restriction sign perched high to the right of the bus line. I guess it's legally positioned but it seems high :?

When I first saw the pic it reminded me of the place below (I couldn't remember where it was);

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

https://maps.app.goo.gl/AsvMe18zzw4vBSkV6?g_st=ic

This is another ridiculous restriction, I wasn’t even aware of it until my dad told me. The first sign telling you of the hours is mere metres before your only opportunity to change lane.
The second sign is irrelevant because at that point you can’t even exit.
All on an extremely busy road with tourists and cyclists all over the place, they then expect you to read this sign, figure out what time it is, if the restriction applies or not… all in a few metres.
GG.

Post by GG. »

:? I'm sure I've driven through there... maybe I was just lucky and it wasn't in the restricted time. Why the hell is there a timed gate there? MPs doing the school run??
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

That must be new! I’ve driven there sooooo many times.
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Gavster wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:58 pm That must be new! I’ve driven there sooooo many times.
Pic is a year old.. do you have 4D plates? 😁
Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Glad I'm not the only one who has missed it. The Google image is from Nov 2022, I did confirm a few days ago that the sign is actually still in place. I also must have gone through it during the hours it says are prohibited and not been fined so I can only assume they haven't put a camera up yet. Does the fact it says "and for access" make it meaningless and impossible for them to impose a fine?
GG.

Post by GG. »

That's what I was thinking. How could they prove you weren't "accessing" a road around there...
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:08 pm Glad I'm not the only one who has missed it. The Google image is from Nov 2022, I did confirm a few days ago that the sign is actually still in place. I also must have gone through it during the hours it says are prohibited and not been fined so I can only assume they haven't put a camera up yet. Does the fact it says "and for access" make it meaningless and impossible for them to impose a fine?
I drive through there at least once a week and have never noticed it! Hardly ever go along Millbank from there though - it that the only road from the 'roundabout' that it applies to?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ok I can’t sleep so looking deeper into this, from the Millbank direction which I never drive there’s a red sign saying the restriction is due to “temporary covid measures”
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kZ3HRfr1c23Q3oG28?g_st=ic (this sign is even more dubious in legality as it doesn’t even say what is restricted and it’s after the roundabout ffs).
So it’s a sign/restriction from the Covid times which has never been removed much like most of the other restrictions :roll:
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Election time, give back with one hand, then screw everyone 20 times over in May.