FPN advice

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

FPN advice

Post by IanF »

Just received a FPN with a heavy £130 fine for driving through here.. I drove through the left, very narrow, lane. I’m still not sure what I did wrong 😂
Before I challenge it, can you see what their issue is?

https://maps.app.goo.gl/kEmrnYNQPxAHxfTA8?g_st=ic
Attachments
IMG_5552.jpeg
IMG_5552.jpeg (105.73 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Cheers,

Ian
Simon

Re: FPN advice

Post by Simon »

What does it state is the offense?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Hammersmith and Fulham? If so that whole area is a no rat running residents only zone now.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Yes, you’ve probably missed one of the discretely placed residents or restricted hours signs - it’s fun driving around London these days!
mik

Post by mik »

Cor blimey guvnor, looks like @Mito Man is right.

Gerroff ahhh roadz!

clicks

Also - someone successfully appealed it 6m ago using this wording
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Interesting, thanks gents. So I’m house hunting there.. how am I supposed to get around looking without a permit??
Cheers,

Ian
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Simon wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:35 pm What does it state is the offense?
52M - Failing to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicle (m) motor vehicles

A serious contravention 🤨
Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

IanF wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:56 pm Interesting, thanks gents. So I’m house hunting there.. how am I supposed to get around looking without a permit??
Just wait till you actually live in this fucking borough and try to organise a permit for a relative to visit :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Er, I think the best thing (beyond appealing on the basis of "who the fuck knew, and what the fuck are those signs?" as per the linked appeal) is to not look for houses in an area that you now know is run by utter bellends.

Because if they're happy doing this, they'll be even happier, say, banning certain classes of vehicle (IE anything not an electric supermini) in future, or similar fuckwittery.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That area is a PITA, due to the Hammersmith bridge closure all the traffic has to go via Wandsworth Bridge but all the side streets have been closed so by living in Hammersmith and Fulham and being about to utilise these roads it saves me 45 minutes when it’s busy. Swings and roundabouts.
So I would live here if you need to cross the bridge a lot, otherwise it’s not worth it.
There are ways to enter almost every road without a permit as the cameras are placed halfway down each road - so it’s designed to allow rats in but to not make a shortcut. Yes try explaining this shit to delivery drivers 🤦‍♂️
And they actually refer to non residents as rats :lol:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

"Data following the first two months of the trial shows 7,000 fewer cars per day are using residential streets as cut-throughs in South Fulham.

That means there is an estimated 0.65 tonnes less of deadly nitrogen oxide (NOx) polluting the air and 0.9 tonnes less of climate-damaging carbon emissions every day."

So they're taking a longer, slower route to get where they need to. That doesn't lead to less pollution. :roll: :roll:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The trial was also during covid :lol:
It’s so flawed it’s hilarious, meanwhile the main roads are now bumper to bumper traffic from 7am to 10pm…
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:01 pm
IanF wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:56 pm Interesting, thanks gents. So I’m house hunting there.. how am I supposed to get around looking without a permit??
Just wait till you actually live in this fucking borough and try to organise a permit for a relative to visit :lol:
Lime bike…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jimexpl wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:42 pm Yes, you’ve probably missed one of the discretely placed residents or restricted hours signs - it’s fun driving around London these days!
I got taxed by a restricted hours thing in Ealing last year. Tiny signs designed to catch people out. Especially when you don't know the area.
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Does Waze or any other app have the ability to avoid or at least warn you of these areas?
Cheers,

Ian
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

IanF wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:31 pm Before I challenge it, can you see what their issue is?

Yep, the picture doesn't show the restriction sign(s) :roll:
Last edited by nuttinnew on Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon

Post by Simon »

IanF wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:06 pm Does Waze or any other app have the ability to avoid or at least warn you of these areas?
I think @Mito Man just did 😉

My Mum grew up on the Wandsworth Bridge Road just near the bridge. Used to go up there all the time to visit Gran. Now the place is so inhospitable we haven't been up for years. Fucking councils.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

IanF wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:06 pm Does Waze or any other app have the ability to avoid or at least warn you of these areas?
Unfortunately not. Google has recently started trying to send me down cycle lanes in the city that haven't been roads for over five years.
and I've had two residents fines in Islington; one from following Waze.
I travel throughout Zones 1-3 most weeks, often by car, and Islington has to be the worst Borough. Traffic wardens within 5 min of pulling up, £10 per hour to park on the street, loads of residents and timed restrictions.
Hammersmith & Fulham is definitely second. Westminster is variable - they've wrecked driving anywhere near Soho (but if you do mange to find a way in the traffic wardens are unusually human) but have kept the rest of the Borough pretty normal.

If you're ok cycling, the simplest option these days is to dump your car in a JustPark space and get on an electric bike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Parking is ridiculous for non EVs. It’s odd, the high street bits of London look like ghost towns during the day, they must all be struggling with most working from home still and then no one from out of town daring to visit - yet the council is still on a campaign of strangling the city as much as possible. Wonder how much longer it can keep grinding on.

Keep saying this but Liverpool reminds me of London 10 years ago before all this shit started. Certainly seems to have a better night life too probably because people aren’t pissing away their money just to commute.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

IanF wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:31 pm Just received a FPN with a heavy £130 fine for driving through here.. I drove through the left, very narrow, lane. I’m still not sure what I did wrong 😂
Before I challenge it, can you see what their issue is?

https://maps.app.goo.gl/kEmrnYNQPxAHxfTA8?g_st=ic
These are a joke, especially that one, it's sensory overload trying to work out where and when you're allowed to drive your vehicle. I've been caught by these in other areas, there are some roads near me that you're not allowed to drive down for a couple of hours in the morning on certain days of the week, as if we're meant to stop and check the time and the calendar before turning off a busy high street. These temporary restrictions need to have physical barriers, it's ridiculous to expect busy flustered drivers to read lengthy and confusing signs at chaotic points in their journey.