Coincidences

Simon

Coincidences

Post by Simon »

Last week I was suggesting we do this here to my wife, only to receive a :roll: in response. I even did an @anon_opin (Twitter) suggestion on it, so if you see it pop up on there you'll know it was me. Now an Italian province is doing it.

And by christ it's long overdue. The majority of dog owners are considerate human beings but it seems there is a large minority who don't clean up after their dogs. Just yesterday I got a voice whatsapp from my wife after they were out for a walk by the local lakes, my son had slipped over on the grass and now had dog shit on his hand. Last week I managed to push the pram through some. It's disgusting and dangerous. I swear, next time I see a dog owner leave their shit on the floor I'm gonna scoop it up, follow them home and post it through their letterbox. There seems to be a thought amongst some that it's ok for them to do it on grass and just leave it there, but it's making some parks round here a no-go area. So selfish.

So yes, a dog shit DNA database, coming to Italy soon and hopefully here at some point. 8-) ;)
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Re: Coincidences

Post by mik »

Simon wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:45 am Last week I was suggesting we do this here to my wife
You think your wife might be a culprit??? :shock:

I don't understand it. In all the years we've had dogs I have twice found myself in a situation with a dog shitting and me having run out of bags. Both times I returned to sort it as soon as I got home.

See also dickheads who pick it up, and then leave the bagged mess behind. Absolute rockets. :evil:
Simon

Post by Simon »

mik wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:59 am
Simon wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:45 am Last week I was suggesting we do this here to my wife
You think your wife might be a culprit??? :shock:

I don't understand it. In all the years we've had dogs I have twice found myself in a situation with a dog shitting and me having run out of bags. Both times I returned to sort it as soon as I got home.

See also dickheads who pick it up, and then leave the bagged mess behind. Absolute rockets. :evil:
Exactly. Difference is Mik, you are a decent human being and down here we have entitled arseholes.

The lakes in question have a strict 'dogs must be on leads' bylaw in place. There are signs everywhere. There was one right herbet, complete with fluorescent jacket with the district councils branding all over it who was 'training' a dog to be a help dog of some variety. He was off the lead right by one lake, and when he saw my son he started chasing him around. Noah was terrified, yet this twat was like 'don't worry he's friendly, you haven't met him before have you?'. He chased him right down the bank and back up again, all whilst Noah was screaming out. It took all my willpower not to launch myself at this cocksocket. Off course, I did the most British of things and shot him angry eyes then ushered my son away.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I thought I read something about DNA testing dog shit before, maybe it was an idea a council here had.

There used to be a guy who regularly let his dogs shit on our driveway years ago and never picked it up, one day my dad caught him and said “how would you like it if I followed you home and let my dog shit all over your driveway” - never saw the fvcker again after that so he must have just changed his dog walking routes completely.

In the village now with everyone having cctv and on the Facebook group it’s pretty good as there’s a public naming and shaming accompanied by pictures/video of the offender and it’s always someone local so it rarely happens anymore.

The residential areas in London though are fucking terrible for it. I reckon I’d be pretty good walking through the land mined parts of Ukraine as I’m forever watching my step and dodging mounds of shit.
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:26 am

The residential areas in London though are fucking terrible for it. I reckon I’d be pretty good walking through the land mined parts of Ukraine as I’m forever watching my step and dodging mounds of shit.
+ Fox shit as apparently they're just cute little rascals and therefore no need to exterminate them from urban areas.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Yep, nightmare for it round me. People complain a lot on the FB group but to no avail. We've got a lot of dog walkers round here as we sit (for the time being at least) in the countryside on the edge of town, so people either walk or drive out to walk their dogs round here.

On Saturday in a local town someone's dog laid a fresh one just in front of me, the wife saw (I wasn't paying attention) but was unable to get sufficiently useful words to me in time to stop me from treading in it.:lol: Pretty much summed up last weekend for me.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I saw a brilliant one near us last year. I'd been putting sand down on the pavements on our road as they were lethal, and some woman walked past with her dog and thanked me. "nice to be appreciated by someone for my efforts" me thinks. Next minute some younger woman is shouting down the street and chasing after dog woman that she's seen her dog just do a shit on the pavement near the vets and hasn't picked it up.

Dog woman tried to claim she didn't have any bags and was very apologetic, but angry woman thrust some tissues into her hand and forced her to go back and pick it up :lol: I was chuckling my spuds off at the whole thing. Genuinely brightened my day.
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Agreed, really winds me up, more worried for the kids than myself. The number of times I've had to clear it off bike wheels and shoes..

It's usually the same culprits and with the early evenings it's even worse. Funny I had the same idea to follow home and push through letter box, unfortunately not caught anyone yet.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

GG. wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:36 am
Mito Man wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:26 am

+ Fox shit as apparently they're just cute little rascals and therefore no need to exterminate them from urban areas.
That's a new one for me. Having lived in North London and the countryside, fox poo has never been a concern. Very occasionally the dog would roll in it, but that's it.

If not the foxes, you can enjoy more rats!
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

I think pretty much all areas suffer this, and have done for a long time. Because people.

The decent dog owners will rightfully complain about it, but the penalty for not clearing up is just a FPN issued on the spot (IIRC), and I imagine the amount of penalties issued is minuscule.

It's definitely an issue that needs addressing properly.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Alex88 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:37 pm
DDD.

'Dogshit DNA Database'
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

The only regulation needs to be on breeders, not dog pooh leavers.

What we need for them are large angry men and women who get 50% of whatever fines they legally dish out. They will hide in bushes, have drones and be like crack military teams. Video proof must be taken. We can give them cattle prods too.

I always have dog pooh bags in my coats or bags so if we ever see anyone who tries to pretend they didn’t pooh, it’s straight out with them.

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The worst are the sodding runners who take their dogs with them on their run and pay no attention to them. So their dog just stops, takes a shit and by that point the owner is 300 metres away :roll:
I’m sure karma will take a big shit on their day in return though.
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:21 pm
I always have dog pooh bags in my coats or bags so if we ever see anyone who tries to pretend they didn’t pooh, it’s straight out with them.

Dave!
Not all heroes wear capes.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Simon wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:55 pm
Alex88 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:37 pm
DDD.

'Dogshit DNA Database'
'Dear Resident. We've analysed the Dog Shit you found outside your home through by running it through the council's state of the (f)art DDD system. I regret to inform you that the Shit in question is in fact your husband's. FPN issued'.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Where is the money for the testing to be found, labs, staff etc? Hiuge fines? Too many Dog "parents" owners who realise they have pets seem better.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I think we need a retriever system to shepherd the labs.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

DeskJockey wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:06 am I think we need a retriever system to shepherd the labs.
The cost of all those dogtors will be terrierably high. The whole idea is pretty far fetched.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:53 am
DeskJockey wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:06 am I think we need a retriever system to shepherd the labs.
The cost of all those dogtors will be terrierably high. The whole idea is pretty far fetched.
Good on the terrier! Was trying to work it in.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

I fear the Shih Tzu may always get the blame.