Christmas Decorations

mik

Christmas Decorations

Post by mik »

No - unfortunately not the type that just sprung into your head. :(

Eldest miklet promised his mum some time ago that he'd decorate the living room before Christmas day. Time marched on and it became clear this was going to be a challenge, although he remained unphased. He started it this week however, and it became clear at around 02:00 this morning that he should in fact have been very phased. :roll:

Wifey and I spent the last couple of evenings in the kitchen, as despite being fortunate enough to have a 2nd smaller living room - it is full of all the shizzle from the main living room. :evil: Mrs mik made it clear that this was not a suitable situation for Christmas day. :ugeek:

So instead of doing anything I planned to do on Christmas Eve, I've been (fucking) decorating since 09:15. :roll:

Luckily I had a rush of brains, and brought my dehumidifier in from the garage. Paint was drying in no time as it removed loads of water from the air. Got bloody warm though :? . So as of 19:30 the job is done 8-) . Floor cleaned. Sockets tightened back onto walls. Blinds and shit back up. Hifi reinstated. Pics n things returned to walls. Other furniture returned.

Time for a beer!

DeskJockey

Re: Christmas Decorations

Post by DeskJockey »

Well done. I take it suitable words have been uttered in the direction of said Miklet?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Now you have done the Christmas decorations… you have to do the Christmas decorations!
Simon

Post by Simon »

I've been doing the lounge slowly over the last few weeks. As of mid week we still had a hole in the wall where the telly normally hangs. Although I said I'd get the room finished before Christmas day, I'm thankful that at least the telly is back up and working and 4 of the 6 walls painted. The rest can wait till after Christmas.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Good (though forced) work 8-)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Blimey, well done! Nothing like an arbitrary deadline for getting things done.
Beany

Post by Beany »

mik wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:09 pm Eldest miklet promised his mum some time ago that he'd decorate the living room before Christmas day.
I'm gonna stop you there.

Expecting a blood relative to do a trade-esque job by a deadline.

The problem is 100% with you there, you're a grown adult, you should know better :lol:
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Anyone I know who has been determined to complete buildings work in time for Christmas seems to inevitably become scarred by the process :lol: glad to hear it all worked out at the 11th hour though :mrgreen: