MOT fails

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

MOT fails

Post by Jobbo »

My ex-stepson was given a car by an old chap who hadn't used it for a while. He's getting it roadworthy again and sent me the MOT test result below. I had no idea there were so many categories of failure :lol:

Doesn't actually look too bad or hard to fix to get a pass, though I would be a bit concerned about the hole in the wheelarch in the advisories.
Jimmy Choo

Re: MOT fails

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I nearly bought a 900 with a burgandy velour interior when I was much, much younger. I went for a Mk2 Astra Tiffany instead. That was probably a mistake.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
tim

Post by tim »

My Mondeo Titty-X failed with a major defect a couple of weeks ago - "wobbly drivers seat". :lol: that was a new one on me.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

tim wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:19 pm My Mondeo Titty-X failed with a major defect a couple of weeks ago - "wobbly drivers seat". :lol: that was a new one on me.
If the Titty-X's seat is a-rocking/hope the MOT man don't come a-knocking?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

tim wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:19 pm My Mondeo Titty-X failed with a major defect a couple of weeks ago - "wobbly drivers seat". :lol: that was a new one on me.
Amusingly, a few years ago my MOT place refused to do The Compact because the seat was NOT wobbly, or movable in any way, because I'd fitted buckets with side mounts and no adjusting mechanism.

We had words.

They did the MOT.
tim

Post by tim »

It's apparently a thing on Mk4 Mondeos, they took the seat out tightened up the runners and it was no longer A RISK TO MY PERSONAL SAFETY.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Years ago all my mates were in the air-cooled VW crowd, so MOTs were a huge drama as fails were very common. My mate had a bright pink Wizard Roadster which was a bit of a mess, and he took it for MOT. I asked him how it went. “Failed on everything except motorcycle sidecar” :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

tim wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:36 am It's apparently a thing on Mk4 Mondeos, they took the seat out tightened up the runners and it was no longer A RISK TO MY PERSONAL SAFETY.
Can confirm. My old Mk4 had this very problem. I fixed it in the first weekend of ownership. It did my head in!
The artist formerly known as _Who_