LR Evoque P300e

FAO gg

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
DeskJockey

Re: FAO gg

Post by DeskJockey »

If they'd taken it seriously they'd spent some time figuring out the weaknesses before launching the vehicles/features. Good that they're doing something about it, but probably a bit too late.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
GG.

Post by GG. »

Thanks @IanF

I've been meaning to follow up on this as I didn't get a letter. I didn't buy from JLR but via Saxton, equally however, it does have an Extended Warranty on it so they will be aware I am the current owner/have my details.

It did go in for a service around the time they started offering this so it could be that they've just updated it and didn't tell me. I need to call them and find out.

To be honest though this isn't a panacea as far as I know - all they're implementing is a form of lazy key I think (but prompted by the car rather than movement of the keys). The immobiliser I have on the car is in theory much better protection (and I wouldn't considering removing that just because it has had this update done).
mik

Post by mik »

@GG. I bought mrs mik's Disco3 from Saxton. Then drove it up here. This information is irrelevant to the topic of discussion.
GG.

Post by GG. »

That's a long old drive from Essex. They do probably have the best range of 4x4s under one roof anywhere in the UK though, I expect.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

What are Saxton like on haggling? Their prices for used Macans were no cheaper than approved Porsche dealer cars and the specs were pretty low, so I assumed they were just try-hards and didn't bother investigating further.
GG.

Post by GG. »

They don't discount by much, if anything - that said, I'm referring to peak used car market when I bought from them (twice as it happened :lol: )

They were still cheaper than LR main dealer though and happened to have the spec/colour in that I wanted (Vogue SE with sliding pan roof I was looking for) and in budget. There isn't a huge amount to actually option on a FFRR though - its basically just pick your trim level and colour. Porsche 4x4s are a whole different kettle of fish. I imagine they probably don't get as large a margin on the Cayenne/Macans anyway and therefore may be why they price similarly to a main dealer.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Saw Tomi on TikTok showing how keyless entry (if that's the right phrase) has been disabled on Ferraris now, you actually have to press the button on the keyfob to unlock the car now.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Massive if true/available! Thanks, Ian.

"4000 customers given premiums of "less than £200"... they err, missed the "per month" off in the headline! That would still be a massive improvement.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

GG. wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:58 am "4000 customers given premiums of "less than £200"... they err, missed the "per month" off in the headline! That would still be a massive improvement.
It also doesn't say "4000 LONDON RANGE ROVER OWNING customers given premiums of 'less than £200' " !!
GG.

Post by GG. »

Yes exactly. As everything the devil will be in the detail. If they're just punting out quotes of £7,000 p.a. (cheapest I can see on comparison websites) then it doesn't really move the game on does it...

I'll still run a quote and see what they're offering up.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

So they're offering insurance of £200 per month in you're located in the safest rural postcode there is, 60 years old, haven't ever claimed, probably for social use only and 1000 miles per year :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

I actually would expect the opposite - I presume people using LR insurance may be doing so because it is unaffordable elsewhere, otherwise I expect most people would use their existing insurer/comparison sites.

They also stated the average would be £2,400 p.a. which is going to be higher than out in the sticks realistically. Someoneon youtube did a quote online down in Dorset for a pre-facelift L405 with the easier to hack keys and theirs came out at £1,200 (which he thought was loads as his other cars were £250p.a. :lol: )

The no interest on monthly payments is also a big thing as insurers are charging credit card amounts of interest on monthly installments (which shouldn't be allowed on a mandatory product, IMO). I had to pony up a massive amount in cash last year to avoid paying £600 worth of interest, but would gladly pay on drip if I can do so at 0% given the amounts we're talking about now / lack of clarity on whether I'll keep the car long term because of this issue.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Just been through the whole process of inputting all my information... "Sorry, we are currently unable to provide you with a quote for your Land Rover."

What a bunch of tossers.

I also just re-ran removing the theft and accident history and removing my wife as named driver - still no quote provided which basically means it is being excluded based on postcode. Honestly I think the people that run JLR are as thick as two short planks.

Actually - even weirder it also declines to provide a quote based on my parents address in Yorkshire - maybe they're just closed for business. I'm going to call them.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

That article is being promoted today but the date on it is 22 November. Maybe they're selling 4000 policies and they've all gone.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Yep I saw that. Very likely they're just full or have changed their mind!

Just spoke to Adrian Flux and we didn't bother going through the whole process as candidly I was told it is going to be around 7k with a prior theft and given the area. I think it will just have to go in the New Year unfortunately.

If anyone wants a nice FFRR for £35k that was £65k two years ago let me know. I'm going to sob in a corner now for a while. :cry:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Have you tried safelyinsured?
GG.

Post by GG. »

I haven't yet. I may try them but my worry is how good they would be to deal with in the event of a claim.

When having to make a theft claim is a realistic prospect it then makes me uncomfortable dealing with someone that I've not heard of before.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

GG. wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:00 pm I haven't yet. I may try them but my worry is how good they would be to deal with in the event of a claim.

When having to make a theft claim is a realistic prospect it then makes me uncomfortable dealing with someone that I've not heard of before.
that boat has sailed...