The Light newspaper

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

The Light newspaper

Post by Jobbo »

This rag had been pushed through my office letterbox when I got to work today. I picked it up and immediately realised it was not just the usual Jehova's Witness guff but proper wibble.

Wikipedia has an accurate description: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Light_(newspaper)
It's tinfoil-hatted right wing conspiracy theorist nonsense, packaged up in a way which makes it look ostensibly mainstream. Possibly a worse newspaper than the Daily Mail - certainly a close run thing.

I'd say avoid it but it's only by damning this crap publicly that people will realise it's not genuine news and just nasty propaganda.
DeskJockey

Re: The Light newspaper

Post by DeskJockey »

Great. Just what we need: more right wing nutjobs spreading hate, ignorance and stupidity.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Looking at the wikipedia link and the sister paper, the Irish Light - John Waters used to be a pretty respected journo in his time. Mighty fallen etc.

I have to confess I do like reading some if this sort of crap for pure shits and giggles. Various conspiracy theory's. Same with the Mail Online. It's also fun playing the headline game comparing how the Mail and the Guardian report on the same thing.. :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
John

Post by John »

I've just had a flick through the online version, what a joyless publication.

They are having a festival in the Lake District next May though which I'm sure will be most enjoyable :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

Wow, so it's fair to say that Jobbo has now seen The Light. There's no going back now.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:36 am Wow, so it's fair to say that Jobbo has now seen The Light. There's no going back now.
Maybe I should join Awakened Law who advertise in it. Except that they aren't authorised as a firm of solicitors, despite a solicitor with a current practising certificate running it. She claims to be non-practising. Err... mental gymnastics there if she is running a business offering legal services :lol: I'm sure the SRA will investigate her in due course.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

There was a BBC Radio series about it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001mssl

TL:DR - utter batshit!
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Is the paper funded by George Soros? :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:29 am Great. Just what we need: more right wing nutjobs spreading hate, ignorance and stupidity.
This is exactly what we need. Get the nut jobs riled up, get the left wing equivilant riled up, pop them in a stadium and then let battle commence. Shoot the last person to leave as we don’t want them escaping and the world can carry on with a bit more of a sensible centrist leadership 😎.

Cruel to be kind.

Dave!
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Problem is; the extreme left & extreme right actually agree on a lot of things. It’s known as Horseshoe Theory.

IMG_2829.jpeg
IMG_2829.jpeg (20.21 KiB) Viewed 1357 times

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Oh, is it time for an argument? Horseshoe theory is a myth.

It's just a term for centrists so they feel right while sitting on the fence :lol:
An absolute unit