9. I am an EV
3%
10. EV
No votes

Total votes: 38

mik

Have you EV’d?

Post by mik »

After the startling revelations in the EV thread from 240 and Harry - we need to know….
Last edited by mik on Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Have you EV’d?

Post by Rich B »

I've been in a few, but never driven one or been full beans in one.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I own one (hardly a big revelation).
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Only ever been in London taxi ones.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Never been in an EV either.

My BIL picks up his Cupra this month so I should have sat in AND driven one at the same time, for the first time. Double cherry popper.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:03 am I've been in a few, but never driven one or been full beans in one.
I’ve been full beans in a Nissan Leaf 😂
Simon

Post by Simon »

Had an EQA curtesy car in Jan when mine was in for a service. Think it's documented on these pages somewhere.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Driven a Nissan Leaf, Renault Zoe, Model 3 Performance and one of the early RWD only P75 model S, I think that’s the right model for the S.

The Zoe and Leaf was what personally I’d want from an electric car, cheap transport with no warming up needed.

The Model S was quick but hugely flawed range, handled nice but very numb, zero desire to put my foot down.

The Model 3 was much quicker than expected but it had a horrid unsettled ride. Loved the interior but wished the screen was half the size and folded away. Zero desire to put my foot down after the first half an hour or so.

I just love engine character more than I’ll ever enjoy the cheap running costs. Range is currently a big issue for our usage but think in 5 years that will probably be fixed.

I can’t see me buying one unless those cheap Zoe lease deals return.

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I really liked the Model S 75 and it’s my favourite EV that I’ve driven. Fast enough, comfortable, rwd and seemed happy sliding a bit. Not planted like the new awd EVs, chassis was definitely dated in that regard but that made it more fun to hustle down a fast road than say a Model 3. Steering was a bit numb but what EV isn’t.
Bad points were it was slightly too big and extremely slow to charge up at the supercharger. The battery tech is too dated if you need to charge away from home. But if felt premium and actually had real leather all over, carbon fibre and alcantara. You won’t find that in a new Tesla :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I have PHEV?

And I think will soon also have an EV.

I enjoy the quietness of the PHEV, mainly due to the double glazing, makes driving long distances very relaxing, even with the engine on, you can't hear it unless at WOT.

The instant torque is handy, the remote start and scheduling of normal set off times etcs makes cold mornings easy in winter, and hot days nice in summer when the temps down to 20 before you get in.

Off to see an I3 tommorow to go with the Kuga, seem to have similar pre warm/cold, heated screen etc the Kuga has, will just need some winter tyres!
Last edited by 16vCento on Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I have skewed the poll, I said I had never been in one, but I justr remembered I was in a very short run in a Mercedes EQ something or other.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Definitely no.3
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

My sister has an Ioniq 5 (their only car)

It's big (no surprises) but it's a great family car, very practical, very relaxing to be in and drive

It's in that 'frosted' grey paint, which is already trashed, and from what I've seen isn't easily repaired?

So I wonder what will happen when their lease is up in 18 months' time...
Barry

Post by Barry »

I'm on my second lease EV, they make a great daily, very easy to drive and chilled out.

I think the fact I still keep the old Civic is a clue to whether I'd consider them "fun" to drive.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

I thought I'd only been in a Tesla Model 3 as a passenger, but reading Nissan Leaf jogged my memory that I drove one at the o2 arena years ago - Nissan had some sort of experience centre there, no idea if they still do. It was obviously forgetful! I'm sure they've improved a bit since then, but I just remember it having terrible feeling brakes.

My boss has the dual motor model 3, which really does throw you back as it accelerates. I'd be interested to try driving one, but no real interest in owning one.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

And that's just reminded me I test drove a Kia Niro EV and an Ora Funky Cat at the Farnborough Motor Show earlier this year. The Kia was a much nicer place to be. The Funky Cat had indicators that didn't cancel properly. I recall a Jonny Smith video where he mentioned the same.
Left over crest; tightens.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I'm speaking to a lot of people who are buying or planning to buy EVs, especially used given the prices. Obviously it only really makes sense if you're planning to change anyway.

I still like the Honda-E.....range is poor, as low as 80miles in winter, but I like the way it looks.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Not driven one, however am definitely EV curious.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I've been in one - an Enyaq taxi from Copenhagen centre to the airport, earlier this year. As a taxi? Did. Not. Like.

You know how taxi drivers are utterly incapabale of correct throttle and brake modulation, and almost seem set on ensuring any passenger can't wait to get out before they puke? Well imagine that but with instantaneous throttle response and regen braking. :evil:
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Tesla Mod 3 as my daily.
Enjoy it, I still get a kick out of the speed although previous Porsches and Jags have had better dynamics.
Range not such an issue if you plan ahead but can slow down your sponteneity. I wish I could have afforded the Long Range but it wasn't to be.

Still hoping to get an F-type or a Cayman as a second car which again should give you a clue to how Evo it feels.