Garage Use

Do you garage?

1. I don't have a garage
26%
2. I have a garage. It is used exclusively for storage/gym/workshop/sexdungeon/other "not vehicle storage"
26%
3. I have a garage. I can fit the car in, but only do so rarely.
3%
4. I use my garage for my car(s) but it's pretty messy
6%
5. I use my garage for my car(s) and it's pretty tidy
19%
6. I use my garage for my car(s) and have got a little automotive type shizzle on the walls/floor/ceiling
13%
7. I use my garage for my car(s) and have got loads of automotive type shizzle on the walls/floor/ceiling
6%
8. I use my garage for my car(s) but wouldn't put automotive type shizzle on the walls/floor/ceiling as that would be a bit naff thank you very much
No votes
9. I store my car(s) in the living room
No votes
10. I store my car(s) in the bedroom
No votes

Total votes: 31

mik

Garage Use

Post by mik »

Looking at Matty's Anglia Car Auctions thread, and some of the cool old automotive-related signs for sale in the Automobilia section.
DeskJockey

Re: Garage Use

Post by DeskJockey »

It is high on the list for next house.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Can we have an option for "Africa, by Toto" ?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I voted for 6, but my garage is both 4 & 6.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I have two double garages currently; one houses my car magazines, my stepdaughter's Mini on trickle charge and not a lot else. The other contains tools, lots of spare wheels, bikes, mowers and all sorts of gubbins, and occasionally has a Jimny in it when I can be arsed to clear the relevant space of mowers and bikes. Anyway, I voted 4 as a sort of average but it's more 5 and 3.

When we move we will have three open-fronted bays and one not-quite double bay with doors (about 13ft wide by 20ft long), so the cars will go in the open bays and the mowers and bikes will go in the closed bay. Debating whether to put doors on the whole lot. I think two bays with doors would be useful leaving two open, but that would mean constructing another internal wall which is more of a pain than simply sticking three more sets of doors on.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

I used to have room for two cars in the garage. Now I have kids, and a trailer, and a CostCo buy stuff in bulk habit.
Left over crest; tightens.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I have 2/3 of a garage which is all that was left after the previous owner did a Kitchen extension. It's big enough for the Tumble Drier, Chest Freezer, Second Fridge and general storage (Bike, Golf Clubs, Camping Gear etc).

I plan to build a large Shed / Workshop with an outdoor workspace as soon as I have the money.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Problem is that even when it's empty, getting any car in is possible....but getting out isn't. I could just about manage the Evora and 4C, but only because I had a door half way up into the house.

I'm sure the garage size on new builds is still 2.6m or something...how will they fit the school run Range Rover in?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I have a decent size elongated single garage, it occasionally gets non-car stuff stored in it but I try to be quite firm that they are temporary and it's for the car (generally been successful in keeping it somewhat tidy). It's on my list for next year to give it a nice floor, walls and an electric door. Plus a couple of automotive bits (some of which I have already).

It's probably a bit sad, but I still think a nice garage is cool.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I don’t have a garage. I do however have an outhouse which is basically a garage without a garage door and it’s an absolute shithole of dumped crap
scotta

Post by scotta »

Double garage was on the absolute essentials list when we moved 6 years ago. Told Mrs A - Don't even show em a house without a double garage.

Space for two cars. Lots of pictures and a big mural that my son did on the wall.

none of these still remain however!

V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I’ve a large single, it houses the car, a large amount of tools, my ski-erg, my free weights and trebuchet, mini projects I’m doing at the time.

It’s my little place I can zone out for an hour or two when life is getting a bit much and I can feel myself becoming a dick.

Dave!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Where's the Sauber engine ???
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
tim

Post by tim »

There's no powered two-wheeler option so I claim $1,000,000 in punitive damages for anxiety and distress.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I have a garage - it's 3m wide by about 4.6 long but with some steps that reduce that length to 3.6m long.

I've just tiled it with Duramat as it happens, so am currently plotting what storage to put in there.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I rent a parking space in London. It gets decorated in human faeces whenever it rains a lot.
How about not having a sig at all?
Barry

Post by Barry »

tim wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:12 pm There's no powered two-wheeler option so I claim $1,000,000 in punitive damages for anxiety and distress.
This.

Outraged of Cheshire.

Basic modern single garage (IE too small for modern cars).
Three bikes, work bench, shelves full of bike stuff, some bike related bling/dirty posters.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Barry wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:14 pm dirty posters.
Take lightly damp sponge with a little bit of washing up liquid on it, and the dirt will wipe right off. Don't be tempted to try to force the drying, just leave them as is.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:45 pm
Barry wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:14 pm dirty posters.
Take lightly damp sponge with a little bit of washing up liquid on it, and the dirt will wipe right off. Don't be tempted to try to force the drying, just leave them as is.
Once you’ve cleaned them, take some pics and post them up here. So. So we can check they are clean enough. Yeah? :geek:
dan

Post by dan »

No option for 'I have an 8 car garage that I spend 80% of my waking hours in'.