Microlino.

nuttinnew

Microlino.

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:38 pm I thought I saw a BMW Isetta
That's reminded me to post this;

https://microlino-car.com/en/?_gl=1*16t ... My4wLjAuMA..
scotta

Re: Microlino.

Post by scotta »

Nope.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

What kills it for me is the crap charging rate. It’s only really suitable as a second car as it is but the fact that it can’t rapid charge makes it inconvenient for London - you need a townhouse with 2 off street parking spaces and if you can afford said set up I don’t think you’ll be rocking around in a Microlatte.
How about not having a sig at all?
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

I want to like it but I think the problem is in the UK we aren't built for these. You either have a normal car or you have a motorbike/scooter. If I were to commute in this it would still occupy a space in the multistorey just the same as my current car. It might be a bit easier to park on a street but that's it.
If there were more teeny spaces for parking small cars that we could take advantage of then maybe.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Part of the problem is we don't want to change.

As a city car that makes sense to me. Just look at the number of single occupancy near stationary vehicles you see commuting in London.

Park at 90' on the street, no emissions, more than quick enough, great for local journeys, commute, school run etc.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’m sure if there were lots of them around then they’d shrink parking spaces to fit more in etc and they’d make more sense.

I know the Japanese have their kei car system, but I doubt the uk / Europe could ever come up with a similar standard which would allow it.

Instead everyone wants bigger cars and spaces made bigger to suit
Cheers, Harry
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Don’t start on parking space measurements again ffs!!!!!!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Similarly, a mate saw this in Italy (he's on a tour of sports car factories it seems)
https://www.xevcars.it/en/kitty

The boot on the back is a work of [f]art
Left over crest; tightens.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Hmm...they also do this; https://www.xevcars.it/en/yoyo
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:13 am What kills it for me is the crap charging rate. It’s only really suitable as a second car as it is but the fact that it can’t rapid charge makes it inconvenient for London - you need a townhouse with 2 off street parking spaces and if you can afford said set up I don’t think you’ll be rocking around in a Microlatte.
Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:59 am I want to like it but I think the problem is in the UK we aren't built for these. You either have a normal car or you have a motorbike/scooter. If I were to commute in this it would still occupy a space in the multistorey just the same as my current car. It might be a bit easier to park on a street but that's it.
If there were more teeny spaces for parking small cars that we could take advantage of then maybe.
That, and that. Would fast charging add too much cost?
I wonder what they'd be like in a 50mph crash. It's a double edged sword that speed; quick enough to take further afield, quick enough to want more safety than something town or city bound.