mik

Re: Do you like white Porkers

Post by mik »

PaulJ wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:38 am I bought one so I guess I must. :oops:
Snap
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Didn’t realise Chris Evans had moved onto Pork.
How about not having a sig at all?
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

mik wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:41 am
Snap
Double snap
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
GG.

Post by GG. »

In very limited and specific circumstances only. Those being:

928 S2 (but chiffon not Grand Prix);
911 3.2 CS; and
997 GT3 RS / RS 4.0.

So no to the majority of that lot! So weird to default to a certain colour for absolutely every model as some definitely look better in a certain shade and which is only available for those years, e.g. Bahama yellow for F body cars or Vesuvio or Aventurine for 993s, etc. etc. or just other brilliant Porsche colours such as Viper Green, Signal Orange or Forest Green.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

mik wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:41 am
Snap
I thought you'd both bought one from the above collection and was :shock: thought there was some kind of forum group-buy that I'd missed out on.
mik

Post by mik »

Found a pic - knew I had one on Imgur but couldn’t see it previously.

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

mik wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:17 pm Found a pic - knew I had one on Imgur but couldn’t see it previously.

That’s all white..
Cheers,

Ian
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I saw this the other day- I wonder what you have to do for a living to be able to afford all of those
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Most Porsches look decent in white, but a lot look great in other shades too. So no, it’s not for me. I wouldn’t want such a plain boring garage either, but then it’s not my money they’ve spent 😂

I’d also assume if their white Porsche collection is like that they’ve probably got quite a few other toys. If the only cars they have are white Porsches then it’s probably a bit weird.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Is it really any more weird than this chaps collection?

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I am reminded of seeing people’s garages in GTA with all their cars painted the same colour. Each car needs to be painted a colour that suits it, IMO, unless all you ever do is sit in your garage looking at them together and being pleased with yourself.

Quite amused by the Skittles/Pride garage above, though 😄
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:51 am Each car needs to be painted a colour that suits it, IMO, unless all you ever do is sit in your garage looking at them together and being pleased with yourself.
Completely this.
Jobbo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:51 am Quite amused by the Skittles/Pride garage above, though 😄
I love it! Much rather that than all white. Maybe its a repressed desire to be an extrovert given I own two blue cars and one black :lol:

The only think that lets that garage down is... the garage itself.

This would be more 'me'. Nice bit of variety with a few non-Porsche's thrown in too (though I'd have chosen a different corvette and would have a modern V12 Lambo/Ferrari in there too.

Last edited by GG. on Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

GG. wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:03 am
Jobbo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:51 am Each car needs to be painted a colour that suits it, IMO, unless all you ever do is sit in your garage looking at them together and being pleased with yourself.
Completely this.
Jobbo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:51 am Quite amused by the Skittles/Pride garage above, though 😄
I love it! Much rather that than all white. Maybe its a repressed desire to be an extrovert given I own two blue cars and one black :lol:

I love the colourful option as a cool feature hung to see, but I still don't see the point of owning 10 of essentially the same car.

I've never been much of a collector of anything though anyway - it's probably just a much richer version of someone owning every "insert collectible crap".
GG.

Post by GG. »

Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:09 am I love the colourful option as a cool feature hung to see, but I still don't see the point of owning 10 of essentially the same car.

I agree - I edited my post further as you were replying.

I wouldn't ever get to a point where I had a number of very similar cars - certainly not unless I had a collection of various other cars as well - it would be a bit weird thinking, I've got a 991 GTS, why don't a get a 991 50th anniversary or a 991 Turbo / GT3. Next purchase would have to be something different.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The first one in all white just makes me think of an art installation, a museum exhibit, rather than an actual garage or collection.

Mix and match for the win.
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:06 pm The first one in all white just makes me think of an art installation, a museum exhibit
That. For which it would be rather a cool idea.

I don't personally have any desire to collect cars however. I get the "need" to have different vehicles for different scenarios of course, and ideally I'd have a handful of different things, but I really don't have any desire to be choosing whether I take my P1 or my 918 for my perfect hybrid hypercar drive, lose sleep deciding if I want to blatt the 6R4 today or the T16, let alone chew over whether I pop to the local car meet in my 993RS, 996GT3RS, 997GT3RS, or my 991GT3RS etc etc. :?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:09 am
GG. wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:03 am
Completely this.

I love the colourful option as a cool feature hung to see, but I still don't see the point of owning 10 of essentially the same car.

I've never been much of a collector of anything though anyway - it's probably just a much richer version of someone owning every "insert collectible crap".
Ironically I did have a couple of duplicate cars in GTA because I liked them in different colours 😄 One was the Pfister Comet which is… a GTA version of a 911!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/15385213

Did the owner forget about this car?
How about not having a sig at all?