CASH

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Re: CASH

Post by Gavster »

After my nan died we were clearing her house out and found carrier bags worth of low denomination notes stashed around the house. I guess there’s quite a few reasons people might have cash, although usually it’s to avoid tax :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:32 pm I sold some stuff on ebay... needs the item straight away and will come down with cash tomorrow.
Did they?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:30 pm Did they?
Nope ! That person has gone AWOL, not heard from them again. It was actually something I'd advertised on ebay but agreed a deal outside of ebay so I'm not on the hook for any fees there fortunately.

Now for the other one ! He did pay via ebay after some pressing and said he'd send someone to collect it yesterday, ETA 8pm. No sign of anyone by nearly 9pm so I chased up and apparently his person was still in London :roll: I told him to reschedule for today and let me know a new ETA. Was given 13:00. Bloke turned up at 13:40. Two blokes, in fact, in a newish but very knackered Golf, reeking of cigarettes, claimed no knowledge of the ebay collection code (this was exactly my worry), but when pressed he phoned his mate / boss and got the code. No idea what their usual gig is but it's all been done by ebay's rules and the money is in my bank account so I think I'm safe.

I'm still convinced it was way more hassle than just paying me to post it though.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Yes, odd. I wondered if it might be so they could check the item is ok/works/etc but evidently not :?