British Ryanairways...

dinny_g

Re: British Ryanairways...

Post by dinny_g »

Time Square Midnight Moment - fuck right off. What a load of twaddle. Just images of flowers, not particularly synchronised

Really not worth it.

On the other hand, The Press Club Grill near Empire State Building can’t be recommended highly enough.

Awesome steaks, great staff and an excellent wine list that isn’t $25,000 pretentious.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:13 am
Ascender wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:16 pm
dinny_g wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:09 pm And I can’t get over the amount of weed. It’s everywhere. Dispensaries yeah but People just toking away as they walk down the street
Vegas was nuts for weed. I swear we were on a permanent contact high for the whole long weekend. The fact its legal, added to being able to drink from a can or bottle as you go about your business made for a very relaxed atmosphere, although to the point where things were slowing to a standstill when queuing in stores and the like....

We've not been to New York in a long time but are going to take the kids there next year so this thread has come at a good time for me to start putting stuff into notes. We got engaged there & married there so will be good to go back.

I didn't think BA charged to sit together, but did charge if you wanted to change your seats x number of days from a flight, but maybe there's a lot of variables at play. Or maybe I just didn't notice it!
That’s the kybosh on going to vegas, the stench from weed makes me feel sick and I simply don’t want to be around it, disgusting.

A few people have mentioned it now. Weed just hangs in the air far worse than regular smokers and smells.

Dave!
I must admit that I love the smell of it. Most UK cities are full of the smell nowadays. I was out in central London on Tuesday and central Brum on Wednesday nights and it was everywhere. Nevermind conventional drug dealer availability, you can even have it mail ordered to your house from Dispenseree. Royal mail tracked too 😂
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

It’s ok, around east Anglia it’s just scummy twats who smoke it openly outside and they soon die off 😂

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Wonder how bad it is in New York, in London weed seems more prevalent than tobacco. I don’t particularly like it myself as it smells a bit like shit to me.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Don’t often smell it around here, makes it very noticeable if you go to an event and catch a whiff
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:45 am Wonder how bad it is in New York, in London weed seems more prevalent than tobacco. I don’t particularly like it myself as it smells a bit like shit to me.
It's more prevalent in NYC than London or Birmingham based on similar lengths of time spent in each this year.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Yeah, way more in New York
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Weed is everywhere now. I don’t use it but I know so many people who do and openly do so in public.

Given how prolific it is I’m now of the opinion we might as well legalise it, legitimise it as genuine businesses, and tax the shit out of it to fund the police to tackle cocaine/crack/heroin class A real life ruining shit

Obviously it’s not as simple as that but I’m amazed it’s not discussed as a potential money spinner for the public coffers
Beany

Post by Beany »

But that's not "tough on crime" so we can't have that.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:29 am Time Square Midnight Moment - fuck right off. What a load of twaddle. Just images of flowers, not particularly synchronised

Really not worth it.
Read that as Times Square Midnight NYE which we actually did. I wouldn’t recommend it either. We wanted to do it (yeah crazy I know) because NYE in a foreign city is kinda hard to navigate without either staying home or spending $$$ on an ‘experience’ that will probably be unfulfilling. The whole day revolves around getting there early and queueing, then waiting, and waiting, with no loos. The final event, live music and ball drop looks way better on TV.

However, if you’re confident about standing out in the cold for a few hours and have nothing else to do on NYE in NYC then why not.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Genuine question. Can you get vape machines to dispense weed as I've noticed the smell around but can only clock people with vapes instead of a spliff?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Yup, basically stick cbd oil in it. All the rage with kids these days
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

jamcg wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:57 pm Yup, basically stick cbd oil in it. All the rage with kids these days
Or an electronic vaporiser with herb. My mate used one of these

Grenco Science | G Pen Elite II Dry Herb Vaporizer – Portable Vape for Flowers and Ground Material - 2 Year Warranty

https://amzn.eu/d/icKCOcu
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

For “flowers” 😂
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Not incorrect though!
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

jamcg wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:57 pm Yup, basically stick cbd oil in it. All the rage with kids these days
CBD and THC are different though. CBD is legal and can be bought in many different forms.

THC is what gets you battered, and is still illegal. You can buy THC edibles and capes though via less than legal sources.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

jamcg wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:24 pm For “flowers” 😂
See below. And quite correct 😂 (as an example)

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

McSwede wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:19 pm

That all looks rather mouldy. Definitely never seen an apple turnover looking like that.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I’m well aware of what goes in it 😂 just found the way the advert is trying to be obvious without being obvious quite amusing :lol:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:29 pm

That all looks rather mouldy. Definitely never seen an apple turnover looking like that.
Jealousy is green with envy 😂