Re: Flu vaccine

Post by Mito Man »

In my case my immune system is so shit it barely registers with my body :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Just had a garlic chilli chicken, tarka dall, keema man and two pints of cobra. Fingers crossed that staves off anything tomorrow when I have to shift two tonnes of Cotswold chippings 😂
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Sounds like you need a cheeky Jäegermeister in the morning to prepare for all that forsest work too. I actually resorted to a few swigs during the week in an attempt to kick start things.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Explosive Newt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:54 pm I always think the worse I feel, the more I needed the jab as the fact that my body hasn't met these antigens before means the reaction is more intense. If I didn't feel anything then I wouldn't have needed it! I figure that is why the response to the flu vaxx is so variable.

PS - mine was the newest Pfizer, tweaked for all the latest strains
Interesting point, it would tie-in because I get ill at the drop of a hat over the last couple of years. Anyway, feeling better today, I think the four negronis at a free bar last night could have helped 😆
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

This has reminded me to book mine. Thanks.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

My mrs had the flu one a couple of weeks ago. Apparently with no side effects because if there were any I’m damn sure I would have heard about them 🤣

Covid one yesterday and the only reports are of a sore shoulder last night.
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Bit concerned that I still feel fine.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

You clearly have the constitution of a Himalayan Sherpa
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Nowadays I feel as though I have the constitution of a Leyland Sherpa :(
mik

Post by mik »

Covid booster + flu jab for me yesterday too. (Following some frantic movement after I remembered my 11:15 booking at exactly 11:16…. Luckily it was only 5mins away and they weren’t officious…. :oops: )

Did both in the same arm, but other than a bit of mild pain/stiffness in that deltoid, I’m (nearly) 23hrs in without a hint of any Covid/flu symptoms.

Clearly the correct wheel choice gods are looking after me….
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I didn’t get any symptoms with this years flu jab really but the arm was very sore for 3 or 4 days
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Had my flu jab a week or so ago. No sore arm, no symptoms. Feel a bit disappointed.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:27 am Had my flu jab a week or so ago. No sore arm, no symptoms. Feel a bit disappointed.
You are clearly part of a government sponsored trial, where THE MAN has determined you should receive a placebo. Either that or the experimental no-arm-pain prototype that has only been fully tested on marsupials. Your 5G chip is monitoring.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

You might be on to something. I've been having an inexplicable urge to wear a fanny pack for about a week. Couldn't figure out why.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Got stuck with both yesterday afternoon - Covid in the left and Flu in the right arm, just a dull ache in each that is slightly worse in the right arm from the flu vaccine but otherwise no symptoms, and I'm not expecting any based on previous years when I didn't have any either
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ugh, Monday morning on the tube and everyone was hacking their lungs up, I knew I would be screwed. Sure enough that slight tickle I had in my throat last night is now a full on cold :roll:
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:24 pm Ugh, Monday morning on the tube and everyone was hacking their lungs up, I knew I would be screwed. Sure enough that slight tickle I had in my throat last night is now a full on cold :roll:
Hope you get better soon. Go for a flu jab while you're already down, 2for1 :lol:

The older I get, the more I suspect that the cause of my persistent random illnesses is London.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Indeed, pack enough people in a small space and you’re bound to come across someone disease ridden on an almost constant basis :lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Go be a scout leader, this time of year I always come down with something I’ve picked up from the hut
mik

Post by mik »

jamcg wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:25 pm I always come down with something I’ve picked up from the hut