Flu vaccine

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Flu vaccine

Post by Gavster »

Got it on Sunday whilst hungover and it has hammered me. Still feel groggy three days later. Hope it bloody works.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Flu vaccine

Post by Jobbo »

I've never had it before - you don't get offered it until you're 50 do you?

I am having a COVID jab on Friday and suspect they'll offer me the flu one at the same time. Not sure that's a good idea now :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

You'll be fine as long as you don't drink as much as Gavster did on Saturday :lol:
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

I'm asthmatic, so they offer it to me for free. I don't usually take it, however I've been getting so damn ill over the winter in recent years that I'm willing to try anything :lol:
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:14 pm You'll be fine as long as you don't drink as much as Gavster did on Saturday :lol:
A few of them were shandys :oops:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

We get them provided by work. Never had an issue with them.

First covid vaccine on the other hand battered me
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Had the covid vaxx last Thursday and still feel crap. Of course a wedding on Saturday intervened with alcohol but still I would usually only expect a couple of days!

Rather glad I didn’t have the flu vaccine at the same time.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Everyone I know who’s had it this year has been really poorly with it.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:19 pm Everyone I know who’s had it this year has been really poorly with it.
Glad to hear I’m not alone! It’s floored me for the best part of a week.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Gavster wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:48 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:19 pm Everyone I know who’s had it this year has been really poorly with it.
Glad to hear I’m not alone! It’s floored me for the best part of a week.
Don’t want to be a downer but the people I know have been bad for 2 weeks, I was booked to have it but cancelled as I’m going to London for a break next week.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Jeeeez :shock:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Trundling to the local Age Concern to have my COVID booster in an hour - this is making me wonder how bad I'll feel afterwards :?

Update: the elderly don't get up early, clearly. No queue and I had both vaccines straight away. New Pfizer COVID jab and the under-65s flu vaccine; I had no idea there were different types. I anticipate feeling like crap later :lol:
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Brilliant, nice strategic decision there. I always though old people needed less sleep, however my folks really dislike getting up early these days. Tbh that might be more down to the fact they're accustomed to tea in bed than anything else :lol:

Good luck @Jobbo with the recovery from the double. It's a mixed bag, some people get merely a day or two of grogginess. I wish I'd had mine on a Friday, I'd far rather be ill at the weekend than during the week when I've got loads of work and stuff to do.

On the bright side, I'm looking forward to having superhuman resilience this winter :geek:
mik

Post by mik »

Gavster wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:00 am
Good luck @Jobbo with the recovery from the double. It's a mixed bag, some people get merely a day or two of grogginess.
I did this last time - felt a bit crap that evening (tired and kinda sore bones & muscles), but fine the next day.

Will be doing the same again in a month.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

I posted about getting the flu jab on my Instagram stories and then a) lost some followers and b) had one person DM, calling it all nonsense and announcing their departure like they're a train or something :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I booked my previous COVID jabs for Fridays too, since I can relax over a weekend to recover. Generally only had a day of grogginess, though the dead arm has stayed for a week. Fingers crossed it's no worse this time. Apparently the flu vaccine doesn't cause the dead arm; it had better not because I had it in the other arm and I like to sleep on my side :lol:
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

No dead arm here, just felt like my entire cardiovascular system and cognitive abilities had been transplanted with porridge.

For example, earlier in the week I wrote 'shopping list' as an item that I needed to buy on my shopping list :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

You people are doing jabs wrong. Always book it for a Monday or Tuesday, that way if you're ill then you're ill on company time and you're better by the weekend....!
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Simon wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:22 pm You people are doing jabs wrong. Always book it for a Monday or Tuesday, that way if you're ill then you're ill on company time and you're better by the weekend....!
Spot the employee :lol:

I cry when I’m Ill because I stop earning :cry:
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

I always think the worse I feel, the more I needed the jab as the fact that my body hasn't met these antigens before means the reaction is more intense. If I didn't feel anything then I wouldn't have needed it! I figure that is why the response to the flu vaxx is so variable.

PS - mine was the newest Pfizer, tweaked for all the latest strains