Russell Brand’s Career…

dinny_g

Russell Brand’s Career…

Post by dinny_g »

Possibly - we’ll see later but he’s denying the shit out if it this morning on all his platforms…

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 12615.html
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
DaveE

Re: Russell Brand’s Career…

Post by DaveE »

Coincidence that his new TV show starts tonight?
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

I’m not surprised these allegations have surfaced considering how he was a sex anddict and had substance abuse issues which basically means it was inevitable there would be skeletons in the closet. I mean he literally would ask people to go to him for sex after his standup.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Wouldn’t mind if he gets cancelled tbh, always thought of him as a weapons grade cunt who tries to come across as clever by using his needlessly complex vocabulary 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:13 pm tries to come across as clever by using his needlessly complex vocabulary 😂
I think he described the latest allegations as "baroque" or something. :lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Rumours are it’s Katherine Ryan bringing the allegations
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:13 pm Wouldn’t mind if he gets cancelled tbh, always thought of him as a weapons grade cunt who tries to come across as clever by using his needlessly complex vocabulary 😂
He’s already created a conspiracy theorist YouTube channel with 6.5m subscribers rather than doing mainstream stuff. Musk has publicly supported him on Twitter. Cancelled? He was obviously making alternative plans some time ago.

I am sure Brand has done plenty of stuff which is pretty morally dubious. He’s spent enough time telling us already. I can’t see that there’s much which is going to come as a surprise.

What is more interesting is who else is going to be mentioned in Dispatches tonight. 90 minutes devoted to a show telling us Brand is a bit of a dodgy shagger is way too much time. Rumours of more names…
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I've not read the full article, only a couple of extracts and they made me feel physically sick. Its a world away from the bounding cad, jolly shagger that was protrayed.

It was no secret about his promiscuity and like @Gavster says, I'm sure some of that was linked to his addiction issues and personality, but some of what's being reported? Allegations of rape, grooming underage girls etc. Horrifying stuff.

Sounds like some of this was another one of those "open secrets" in the industry, so its a surprise C4 and BBC didn't get wind of it or do their own investigations a while back.
Cheers,

Mike.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:52 pm He’s already created a conspiracy theorist YouTube channel
I did see that earlier

Brand goes up against ‘Big Pharma’ so now they’re silencing him etc…
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Same as that Andrew Tate prick. Weird how the world goes against you when you end up fucking people without their consent.
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Yeah - he tweeted his support. At that point, you know you’re fucked

I’ve now seen 2 other names listed. Not surprised about either of them to be honest.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

The show seems to be just about Brand - I know only half of it has been shown as I post this but it’s called Russell Brand: In Plain Sight so no obvious way to lever in others.

The first half appears totally believable. I’m no apologist for Brand but I think the way this is presented is very careful indeed. There’s very little in the way of criminal behaviour alleged thus far. Very short ad breaks which is weird.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

There’s an odd Venn diagram of ‘anti mainstream / anti vaxx / espousing whatever BS will resonate with my demographic’ and ‘being rapey’.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:29 pm There’s an odd Venn diagram of ‘anti mainstream / anti vaxx / espousing whatever BS will resonate with my demographic’ and ‘being rapey’.
I think you'll find that's a circle.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Trial by media, whether he did or didn’t he is done. I’ve no thoughts either way as I’ve never really liked or disliked his stuff.

The way the internet works now, with you watching something and then being shown more similar stuff, it’s like a Daily Mail trial, it’s a self fulfilling profhecy.

I expect some horror background music to old comedy skits of brand within hours on YouTube shorts.

Dave!
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Not seen the program yet, however, I’ve always wondered why rock stars always got a free pass. I bet they did all kinds of dodgy stuff, yet the only ones that get cancels are the full-on paedos.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Gavster wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:56 am Not seen the program yet, however, I’ve always wondered why rock stars always got a free pass. I bet they did all kinds of dodgy stuff, yet the only ones that get cancels are the full-on paedos.
I suspect that it has to do with the amount of money others have riding on the continued success of the performer.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

We simply don’t know if it’s true or not though but seem to have already decided that by some of the comments above ?

I hope it’s not true and that it’s a horny bloke getting his end away that’s seen as an easy target.

Whichever way it goes though his career is over, rightly or wrongly he is already guilty in the eyes of millions.

Media at the minute is such a nasty thing for both sides.

Back to Dave re-runs on YouTube and no watching of the news 😂

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Meh, I'll wait and see what the actual outcome is. It all seems a little sensationalist and vague at the moment from what I've seen - particularly the parts about a 16 year old girl.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:53 am Trial by media, whether he did or didn’t he is done.
Indeed - I do wonder how many of the claims will make it to trial.

As far as his career goes, it doesn’t matter - he’s finished which is the concern.