Brain haemorrhages

teacherboy

Re: Brain haemorrhages

Post by teacherboy »

dan wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:17 am Christ!!

Glad you're on the mend, that sounds horrific!
Thanks - as the person affected, it's not too bad once you regain your bearings and the disorientation from the haemorrhage, anaesthetic and surgery recedes - its then a step by step process to just get one thing back each day if possible - i had mad pins and needles down my left arm as my brain rewired itself afterwards but have been lucky enough that they went quickly within first week or so and i've gotten pretty much full control over my left side back less than a month after surgery, strength and full feeling will be a while longer though...

My wife + family however had the horrors of the 2.30am phone calls and being called into side rooms in intensive care by doctors etc, that to me is far far worse than what i suffered as each time they naturally assumed the worst :shock:
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Matty wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:01 pm :shock:

You've been through the wringer there! Good to see your back on the mend, and remember that chicks dig scars.

Did you get Elon's brain chip while they'd got you open? ;) I've heard it gives you telepathic powers.
No brain chip for me - no doubt i'd end up having to pay to access the ability to do basic things .... like swallow food or piss :roll:

Just remember this is a psa rather than attention seeking - if you can spread the word about symptoms that are massive red flags for serious brain injuries and potentially save a life then my experiences won't have been in vain
mik

Post by mik »

teacherboy wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:19 pm
no doubt i'd end up having to pay to access the ability to do basic things .... like swallow food or piss :roll:
Dude - I’m not a doctor, but I don’t think you are supposed to swallow piss ;)
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

mik wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:23 pm
teacherboy wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:19 pm
no doubt i'd end up having to pay to access the ability to do basic things .... like swallow food or take a piss :roll:
Dude - I’m not a doctor, but I don’t think you are supposed to swallow piss ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

teacherboy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:17 pm
IanF wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:05 pm
teacherboy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:56 pm

I've been told by docs and surgeons my OT/Phsio has to be Lego and video games to get back hand - eye coordination, I might be forced to string out my recovery somewhat..... just to be sure it is complete!
Starfield has just released and is probably several hundred hours long! Sounds perfect!
I may have that installed on my downstairs machine that has a 6950xt i bought/installed the week before it all went pear shaped, downloaded the game last night (premium edition that came with the gfx card) but waiting for bugs etc to be resolved before starting it
The 5G chip installed (sponsored by Bill Gates Foundation) should enable connectivity with your downstairs pc.. and the piss swallowing is known as the Elon Musk effect 😉
Cheers,

Ian
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

That escalated quickly!!!

Glad you’re on the mend as that’s quite a ride!

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Wow - I thought this thread was a bit long just to be about the cocktail! Glad I clicked now. So pleased you're still alive and seemingly on the way to a full recovery. All the very best with it.

Chin chin...
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

Very (very) random question- you didn’t happen to be in an Exeter hotel this morning, did you? I overheard a conversation during breakfast recounting a very similar story.

Best of luck with the recovery.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Holy shit! So glad to hear you're on the road to recovery, but what a run of bad luck. Good luck with the rest and recuperation.

Its pretty amazing what medical science can do 8-)
Cheers,

Mike.
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

mikeyb wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:41 pm Very (very) random question- you didn’t happen to be in an Exeter hotel this morning, did you? I overheard a conversation during breakfast recounting a very similar story.

Nope - at home in Yeovil, so reasonably close by but even i can't shout that loud :lol: :lol: :lol:
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Ascender wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:45 pm Holy shit! So glad to hear you're on the road to recovery, but what a run of bad luck. Good luck with the rest and recuperation.

Its pretty amazing what medical science can do 8-)
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

teacherboy wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:46 pm
mikeyb wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:41 pm Very (very) random question- you didn’t happen to be in an Exeter hotel this morning, did you? I overheard a conversation during breakfast recounting a very similar story.

Nope - at home in Yeovil, so reasonably close by but even i can't shout that loud :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Bloody hell. Glad you're back home, still with us and on the road to recovery.
I had major heart surgery 11 years ago to get a mechanical aortic valve, replacement artificial aortic root and rebuilt mitral valve (bovine xenograft) and the meds to manage this are thought to have caused the haemorrhage (warfarin)
Interesting. My Mum takes that, I'm pretty sure, along with a whole load of stuff, some of which is probably to counter the effects of the warfarin. You may have the same. She had a triple bypass about 20 years ago and a double about 10 years ago.

God bless all our heart surgeons (and brain surgeons, clearly).
Left over crest; tightens.
John

Post by John »

Missed this. What a rollercoaster, hope your recovery isn't too long.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Good Lord, you've not done all that by half have ya. Get well soon!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Bloody hell Teacherboy! You don't get poorly by halves do you?

Good luck with the recovery.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

> Point being - don't ignore a headache that lasts for several days and especially if it then suddenly becomes a weakness on the *opposite* side of your body from the headache - you could then hopefully avoid what happened to me....

Worth noting calling 111 is a very good triage service.

GWS stranger.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

NGRhodes wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:45 am > Point being - don't ignore a headache that lasts for several days and especially if it then suddenly becomes a weakness on the *opposite* side of your body from the headache - you could then hopefully avoid what happened to me....

Worth noting calling 111 is a very good triage service.

GWS stranger.
So if you catch this early can it be treated solely with blood thinners?
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Just caught up, and, well,

What have you done to your body to make it keep trying to kill you? :shock:

I hope the recovery continues as it's started - it's incredible you've posted so much so clearly so soon after :o 8-)
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Bloody hell! GWS. Also, don't drink piss