Ladies Kickball

mik

Ladies Kickball

Post by mik »

Not because it’s ladies, but because there appears to now be double the amount of bloody football on the telly and for the media to obsess over. Humbug.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Re: Ladies Kickball

Post by IanF »

Your so secsist Mik..

/internet
Cheers,

Ian
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

And it's a bit shit! Some of the goal keeping has been laughable.

Hope we win though 😂
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ooh good, more football to avoid on telly.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

McSwede wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:28 pm Hope we win though 😂
Yep! :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I like my football and also, the Women's game so I'm really enjoying the World Cup. Times aren't great with work etc. so I haven't seen as many games as the Euro's but looking forward to Sunday.

It'll be a tough game but I'm hopeful the problems in the Spanish Camp (literally No-one on the team or backroom staff like the manager at all) will finally come home to roost for them.

Poor showing by Prince William not to be there though...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:32 am I like my football and also, the Women's game so I'm really enjoying the World Cup. Times aren't great with work etc. so I haven't seen as many games as the Euro's but looking forward to Sunday.

It'll be a tough game but I'm hopeful the problems in the Spanish Camp (literally No-one on the team or backroom staff like the manager at all) will finally come home to roost for them.

Poor showing by Prince William not to be there though...
There's been a lot of crap - some of the games have been woeful. But I think people are quick to forget just how fucking dull many men's international games are these days. ET and penalties is fairly common.

But some games I've really enjoyed and teh England/Australia game was one of them. Not just for the end to end nature and goals, but it's also nice to see actual tackling, where the player is able to get the ball and none of the player, which means less histrionics and amateur dramatics. It seems a long time ago that that was common in the men's game.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Yeah, I thought the ref was good in the Eng vs Aus game, really let it flow.

That's the only game I've watched most of, I watched some of the Eng vs Nigeria game and it was poor (especially England).

I don't mind it though, as you say, plenty of men's games more dull than a lot of what's been on show.

If we're going there, I caught a bit of women's cricket the other day (a hundred game I think), I was so shocked at how bad the fielding was. Batting and bowling kind of matched, but the fielding was comical. Maybe it was just a bad day for them.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

They seem to spend less time rolling around on the floor like babies than any men’s match I’ve ever seen.
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

World Cup final: Police urged to overlook early pub sales; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66532694
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

A bit disappointing yesterday but Spain were by far better and deserved it.

Pity really as England didn’t seem to show up for some reason
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…