Evidently NOT the Shortest Ever "Guess The Car" Thread

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: Evidently NOT the Shortest Ever "Guess The Car" Thread

Post by Sundayjumper »

JonMad wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:13 am Needs another V10. And a 5. And a triple for good measure.
Swap the V8 Cayenne for a V10 Touareg, I could live with that. But the 5 & 3 ? I'm not sure there's anything I want with those engines.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Or an E60 M5 Touring 8-)
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Or a Gallardo.....
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

You did it! Lovely. 8-)

These have really aged well IMO, I think it looks great. Don't love the interior, but that's a minor detail.
Jimmy Choo

Re: Shortest Ever "Guess The Car" Thread

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Gavster wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:03 pm Someone in this thread did get very close
That's down to the poor social skills we all have.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:22 pm
That has pretty much crossed my mind but in a slightly different context. I don't talk about cars with my work colleagues, they're civil servants and I'm a contractor, it could very easily come across badly. In your line of work I imagine Ferraris are rather more common ! Anyway, I've not had the right opportunity to use it, but I have imagined this conversation happening on a Monday morning:

Colleague: Hi Steve, did you have a good weekend ?

Steve: Yeah, not bad, I drove a Porsche, an Aston Martin and a Ferrari.

Colleague: Wow, was that one of those driving experience days ?

Steve: No, I just needed to get the Bentley out and they were blocking it in.

Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:27 am
JonMad wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:13 am Needs another V10. And a 5. And a triple for good measure.
Swap the V8 Cayenne for a V10 Touareg, I could live with that. But the 5 & 3 ? I'm not sure there's anything I want with those engines.
3-cyls: Toyota GR Yaris, Up GTI, BMW i8... or go for 2 wheels and get a Triumph.
5-cyls: the LHD-only Cupra Formentor VZ5 with the RS3 engine is quite interesting. Not as interesting as a 1980s rally-prepped Audi though.
Beany

Post by Beany »

The Cupra would also mean that you're not an RS3 driver, because frankly, I don't think I've ever seen an RS3 that hasn't been piloted by someone who isn't driving like an absolute fucking cunt.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:44 pm 3-cyls: Toyota GR Yaris, Up GTI, BMW i8... or go for 2 wheels and get a Triumph.
There we go. Those are already on my list as a future "practical" car, I'd totally forgotten they're 3-cylinder. Cheaper than the 360 too. Perhaps I could sell the 996 and put the money towards an i8 if I need to start commuting again.

Not bothered about any five cylinder cars. My T4 had the 5-cyl 2.5TDi, that's enough to tick it off the "have owned" list.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I seriously considered an i8, but I decided against it. They do have some issues; worth a google if you're thinking of buying. And I'm not just referring to the inability to get my bike in the boot.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Steve, have you considered starting a Youtube channel? I bought the cheapest clean title F360 in the UK sort of thing...
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Gavster has been suggesting it for a while, even before the Bentley, which would also work. "I bought a £9k Bentley LOLZ" etc.

I obviously don't mind doing the spannering, but I CBA filming it and editing it, and I've no desire to be a presenter. If Gavster lived locally I reckon we'd probably put something together but we're about a 2hr drive from each other. Way too much hassle.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper's Garage. Followed in a year or two by Sundayjumper's miserable divorce videos, if it went anything like Hoovie.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:09 pm I seriously considered an i8, but I decided against it.
Not sure why I found that hilarious, like the world's shortest roller-coaster of a story :lol:
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

The main problem with YouTube channels is you need around 10-20+ hours spare a week to work on it, which usually gets in the way of doing the thing you want to make the videos about. That's why any decent YouTuber immediately hands camerawork and editing over to someone else as soon as possible.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Awesome stuff - a great collection you're building.

I guess this solves the question of which car you'll bring along to the OV9 meet in September!!
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:22 pm
IanF wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:00 pm Yes! Good purchase! What a brilliant collection you have!! Does your wife never look at that part of your grounds then!? 😁
She is very understanding. I've not even told her yet. It'll be a nice surprise when it turns up next week.

Also, Steve can have a car meet all by himself now!… cunning plan to avoid seeing people??
That has pretty much crossed my mind but in a slightly different context. I don't talk about cars with my work colleagues, they're civil servants and I'm a contractor, it could very easily come across badly. In your line of work I imagine Ferraris are rather more common ! Anyway, I've not had the right opportunity to use it, but I have imagined this conversation happening on a Monday morning:

Colleague: Hi Steve, did you have a good weekend ?

Steve: Yeah, not bad, I drove a Porsche, an Aston Martin and a Ferrari.

Colleague: Wow, was that one of those driving experience days ?

Steve: No.
Surely every day is a driving experience day for you??

Nicely done.
John

Post by John »

Beany wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:47 pm The Cupra would also mean that you're not an RS3 driver, because frankly, I don't think I've ever seen an Audi that hasn't been piloted by someone who isn't driving like an absolute fucking cunt.
Correction.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Superb. Well done and good luck. They're a lovely looking car.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:45 am These have really aged well IMO, I think it looks great. Don't love the interior, but that's a minor detail.
They don't photograph well somehow, they have always looked better in the flesh. And same with the seats in this case. They're not too bad. Are you coming along on the 2nd ? You can check it out in person.