Getting old.

Zonda_

Re: Getting old.

Post by Zonda_ »

I've started lifting weights, squats and situps which has probably resulted in the hernia!
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Working through the weakest links, better sooner than later 😂
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Like when you put a turbo and sticky tyres on your car and break a half shaft :lol:

I've become such an old man recently, I think a combination of quitting drinking and turning 40. I'm usually done for a night out by 11, When the drunk folk start to get annoying.
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:38 pm Like when you put a turbo and sticky tyres on your car and break a half shaft :lol:

I've become such an old man recently, I think a combination of quitting drinking and turning 40. I'm usually done for a night out by 11, When the drunk folk start to get annoying.
I try not to drink anything after 9pm now, otherwise I need to get up in the night to go for a piss :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:43 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:38 pm Like when you put a turbo and sticky tyres on your car and break a half shaft :lol:

I try not to drink anything after 9pm now, otherwise I need to get up in the night to go for a piss :lol:
Once you've laid down, you don't want to get up again.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

That I can agree with. The biggest change for me was around 33/4 years old when I swapped 6am from bedtime to wakeup time. I love seeing people still out and wasted first thing in the morning, makes me feel a twinge of pride. But my social life is done nowadays. I even get tetchy if she suggests starting a film at any point after 8pm.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Going out late afternoon and home for 8pm (maybe 9) FTW these days for me.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Fucking hell you geriatric bastards.

It’ll be lightweight beige shoes and half a rich tea biscuit as a whole one gives you gas soon.

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’m pretty far from early nights and horlicks :lol:

Just drunk people get a bit much after a while.

I still never sleep so I just sit up all night watching movies instead of making a spectacle of myself in a club.
An absolute unit
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I farted in bed this morning and popped my lower back. I'm deeply conflicted by how good it felt.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Was that a typo and you actually pooped?
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Turned 38 on Sunday.
Got two pairs of socks.

I suspect in a few years time I will recieve support trusses or something for my birthday.

Addendum
Shortly after turning 41 a mate of mine who was long out of practice booked a surfing holiday and went on a gym spree to get herself fit for it. She slipped a disc and is due a laminectomy to cure the sciatica.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:20 pm Was that a typo and you actually pooped?
Fortunately not. I checked that four times to ensure I had typed it correctly. :lol:
Banal Vapid Platitudes
seb

Post by seb »

At 42, I can sympathise! I had to spend a couple of days under our converted Sprinter about this time last year, adding a hot water & heating system to it. I decided immediately that I needed a decent amount of lift, and a mechanics creeper. Bought a generic creeper on Amazon for £40 or something, and carved 4 ramps out of some leftover 8x8 posts we had knocking about. A decent amount of clearance, and wheels for sliding around on, luxury!

Still felt like hard work - getting off the creeper got progressively more awkward as time passed, surprising how much effort it takes to get from lying on your back to standing upright, when you're doing it (what feels like) endlessly. Stupid pathetic old-man body 😁 Achey next day? You betcha.

PS hi y'all, it's been a while.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

seb wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:15 pm Achey next day? You betcha.
Although the day after is definitely hurty, I now find the day after the day after is the worst. Then it starts to ease off.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

seb wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:15 pm At 42, I can sympathise! I had to spend a couple of days under our converted Sprinter about this time last year, adding a hot water & heating system to it. I decided immediately that I needed a decent amount of lift, and a mechanics creeper. Bought a generic creeper on Amazon for £40 or something, and carved 4 ramps out of some leftover 8x8 posts we had knocking about. A decent amount of clearance, and wheels for sliding around on, luxury!

Still felt like hard work - getting off the creeper got progressively more awkward as time passed, surprising how much effort it takes to get from lying on your back to standing upright, when you're doing it (what feels like) endlessly. Stupid pathetic old-man body 😁 Achey next day? You betcha.

PS hi y'all, it's been a while.
blimey, it's definitely been a while! Still riding?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

What’s the opposite of a Stealth Flounce??? :lol:

How’s she cuttin’ Seb???
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

How long can you drive the converted sprinter with your eyes closed?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

mik wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:05 am How long can you drive the converted sprinter with your eyes closed?
Mik asking the important question.
An absolute unit
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

All these people in their 40s and 30s complaining about getting old :lol: