Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Re: Airport security

Post by IanF »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:36 am
McSwede wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:58 am
dinny_g wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:26 pm Cool - enjoy!

I’m over for two weeks end of July. Dublin, Roscommon, Galway, Doolin and then a week in Kerry
Dublin was a bit of a disappointment. It's not as nice as I remember. Loads of homeless and smackheads either begging or robbing. Americans everywhere taking photos of Guinness outside pubs. And the Guinness wasn't as mighty as I remember 🙁. I was in Temple Bar area when I was there so maybe not representative of Dublin as a whole.
I found New York a bit disappointing this time. The smell of weed everywhere and the smoke shops on every block - even on 5th Avenue - since the legalisation of cannabis in 2021 is not a positive thing. And there was a shit-load of scaffolding up. One of my favourite places is Madison Square Park, where there's a Shake Shack in the park in front of the Flatiron building and even that is covered in scaffold so you can't see its iconic shape at the moment.
😂 If you think NY is bad, stay away from San Fran! 😷

I’m in New York currently, (117th time since 2013!) last night was pretty impressive with 4th July celebration. Lot of fire work displays etc but cities in the US are in a shocking state; so filthy with lots of homeless people. The haves/have nots divide is huge in the US
Cheers,

Ian
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

It’s the same here,

There’s a guy who walks his dog past my house every evening, little daughter running alongside him, who always has a joint.

And I don’t mean a discrete little toothpick. I mean a full Camberwell Carrot - the kind that have Bob Marley worried…
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

IanF wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:13 pm 😂 If you think NY is bad, stay away from San Fran! 😷
Yeah, never been and it would be somewhere I'd love to go but these days the negative stories put me off. It's not just the homelessness and the weed smoke, it's the volume of petty (and not so petty) crime. Such a shame. Boston didn't seem at all bad so it's not everywhere.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I was there 20 odd years ago and loved San Francisco.

We were due to go this year as part of a California road trip but changed our plans and to be honest, I'm glad. My other half was all "I'm sure it's not as bad as they're saying in the press" but I was pretty sure it was.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
mik

Post by mik »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:29 pm
There’s a guy who walks his dog past my house every evening, little daughter running alongside him, who always has a joint.
You'd think he'd just take it off her? :?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol: