Airport security

McSwede

Airport security

Post by McSwede »

Flying to Ireland shortly so have just been through Leeds/Bradford security. Went through no problems then someone collared me as I passed through the other side of duty free. I had to go all the way back to security have everything swabbed then my bags unpacked and searched🙁 What a pain in the arse! Traces of explosives apparently 😂😂
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Airport security

Post by Rich B »

McSwede wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:54 amWhat a pain in the arse!
at least they didn't find anything incriminating up there.
mik

Post by mik »

Copy & pasted

Common Products That Test Positive:

Hand soaps that contain glycerin (Rinse very thoroughly after washing your hands.)
Lotions that contain glycerin
Cosmetics or hair products, which may contain glycerin
Baby wipes, which may contain glycerin
Certain medications (such as nitroglycerin and other nitrates)
Lawn fertilizers (Nitrates: Wash your hands and especially your shoes.)
Munitions
Accelerants
Fireworks and other pyrotechnics
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Leeds is weird, every time I set the scanner alarm off and every time I get searched and every time they find nothing. If its alerting them falsely to me, what is it letting through that is actually there!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Birmingham is odd, I had my shorts pulled forward and the drug wand rubbed round my waist, I felt violated.

The 28 needles and glass vials full of drugs didn’t seem to bother them though as it just went straight through the scanner.

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:48 pm Birmingham is odd, I had my shorts pulled forward and the drug wand rubbed round my waist, I felt violated.

The 28 needles and glass vials full of drugs didn’t seem to bother them though as it just went straight through the scanner.

Dave!
Having your knob pierced will do that!
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

They were keen in Manchester for drugs earlier this year. The only ones near me these days are allopurinol.
Simon

Post by Simon »

My tip - have kids then go through the special 'family' security section, like at Gatwick. I absent mindedly didn't follow half the rules you're supposed to last time (phones in bags still, battery packs also) etc and they practically waved us through. I think they imagine you're less likely to be a terrierist with a 3 year old on tow.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

To add insult to injury, I'd booked a hire car. Suv, auto, etc and got a Nissan Juke 😂😂
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Did you need to re-mortgage your house to afford Car Hire in Ireland ?? :o
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:15 am Did you need to re-mortgage your house to afford Car Hire in Ireland ?? :o
I should have clarified. I flew into Belfast and drove south. Much cheaper.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Smart man!

Where are you off to, if you don’t mind me asking?
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:01 pm Smart man!

Where are you off to, if you don’t mind me asking?
In and around Dublin and back home tomorrow.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Cool - enjoy!

I’m over for two weeks end of July. Dublin, Roscommon, Galway, Doolin and then a week in Kerry
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:26 pm Cool - enjoy!

I’m over for two weeks end of July. Dublin, Roscommon, Galway, Doolin and then a week in Kerry
Dublin was a bit of a disappointment. It's not as nice as I remember. Loads of homeless and smackheads either begging or robbing. Americans everywhere taking photos of Guinness outside pubs. And the Guinness wasn't as mighty as I remember 🙁. I was in Temple Bar area when I was there so maybe not representative of Dublin as a whole.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

To be honest, it’s a foreign city to me too these days. (I’ve lived here longer than in Ireland.

But Temple Bar is always best avoided. The bars off Grafton Street and on Baggott street are where you should go.

Or Jump on the Dart out to Dalkey
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

McSwede wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:58 am

Dublin was a bit of a disappointment. It's not as nice as I remember. Loads of homeless and smackheads either begging or robbing. Americans everywhere taking photos of Guinness outside pubs. And the Guinness wasn't as mighty as I remember 🙁. I was in Temple Bar area when I was there so maybe not representative of Dublin as a whole.
I found New York a bit disappointing this time. The smell of weed everywhere and the smoke shops on every block - even on 5th Avenue - since the legalisation of cannabis in 2021 is not a positive thing. And there was a shit-load of scaffolding up. One of my favourite places is Madison Square Park, where there's a Shake Shack in the park in front of the Flatiron building and even that is covered in scaffold so you can't see its iconic shape at the moment.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I thought the same about the bigger cities in Switzerland, just minus the scaffolding. I now think if weed is legalised or decriminalised it should be solely at home and in specific public areas so it doesn’t result in the whole area looking like a pot head homeless camp.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

One highlight was the www.luckytortoise.ie Awesome food. I'll definitely be going back there!
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:36 am ... The smell of weed everywhere ...
So Gloucester has something in common with New York. :lol:

Being the naive fool in the way of teh drugs, I hadn't noticed and it was only when CFExGF pointed it out did I realise that Gloucester reeks of dope. :lol:
Banal Vapid Platitudes