Daan Saaf OV9 Meet

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Daan Saaf OV9 Meet

Post by JonMad »

Yes, it will likely be the Swift. Not given it a proper drive yet - only had it going on for three years.
Fabia needs a new clutch still. No events planned so no rush , not moved it since Kemble.
Left over crest; tightens.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

JonMad wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:24 pm Yes, it will likely be the Swift. Not given it a proper drive yet - only had it going on for three years.

Fabia needs a new clutch still.

No events planned so no rush , not moved it since Kemble.
1) This happens as we get old :-D

2) Do you need to borrow a funky jack thingumajog ?

3) We were signed up for the Summer Solo but it got cancelled in the end after venue hassles*. Alison is keen to do the Autumn Solo which is hopefully at Rushmoor - not sure how they'll lay it out but it could be a good one.

*MOD / Army are flat out with Op Interflex, which is all about training Ukrainian troops, so I'm not holding a grudge on that.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:33 pm
Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:09 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:36 am
I admit I didn't pay much attention at the time, but it may have had some lasting impressions as I've had two Clubmans since then. They're good cars.
I suspect that is true if you have the correct engine and it's not a One. I had to employ all my driving talent to keep up!
One of mine was a boggo diesel ! It was no rocket ship but it was still a good car.
The D has twice the torque and a bit more power. The one is all out of puff by 4.5k revs and you had to drive it like a 17 year old who stole it and is trying to impress girls.

It just soured the experience for me because I wasn't using it round town but for cross country shleps to Chippenham.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
GG.

Post by GG. »

Just bumping this thread as we're now just a few weeks away from the 2nd. So far I have the following down as coming along:

- Me
- Alex K
- Will
- Gavin W
- Simon J
- Steve W
- Jimmy M
- Duncs

Let me know of any further takers - I think Ian was potentially keen and Jon was looking into it. Not sure if Rich B, David S or anyone else is up for it?

Per Simon's suggestion it probably makes sense to meet up at the Ridgeway car park. Let me know if people have a preference for a specific time of day taking into account travelling time etc...

May be worth setting up a whatsapp group ahead of the day. If people want to PM me mobile # I can arrange.

Cheers
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I will be on the continent - either sipping Aperol, arguing with a French person or trying to fling myself off an Austrian mountain pass.
How about not having a sig at all?
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

@GG. I'm aiming to come along too

If the weather's crap I'll probably skip it though (it's quite a hike, and to do that and not be able to have the roof down seems a bit silly)
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:38 pm I will be on the continent - either sipping Aperol, arguing with a French person or trying to fling myself off an Austrian mountain pass.
Why not aim for all three? Dream big! Get pissed, get in a fight with a frenchman and throw both of you down the mountain 8-)
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Thanks for taking the initiative @GG, you got mail with my number.

My plan A is to come in the Tesla and look for passenger rides but if anyone is coming by Oxford in a more fun car I would be up for a lift.
GG.

Post by GG. »

DaveE wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:57 pm @GG. I'm aiming to come along too

If the weather's crap I'll probably skip it though (it's quite a hike, and to do that and not be able to have the roof down seems a bit silly)
Ok understood - fingers crossed the weather plays ball. I find early september often better than July August but we'll see!
GG.

Post by GG. »

Explosive Newt wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:05 pm Thanks for taking the initiative @GG, you got mail with my number.

My plan A is to come in the Tesla and look for passenger rides but if anyone is coming by Oxford in a more fun car I would be up for a lift.
Sounds good - I'm not quite sure of movements just yet but there is a decent chance I'll be coming from the MILs in Botley rather than London - will let you know closer to the time...
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:00 pm
Mito Man wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:38 pm I will be on the continent - either sipping Aperol, arguing with a French person or trying to fling myself off an Austrian mountain pass.
Why not aim for all three? Dream big! Get pissed, get in a fight with a frenchman and throw both of you down the mountain 8-)
Ah, I misread his original post. I thought he said "fling myself off on an Austrian mountain pass".
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:15 pm
Ah, I misread his original post. I thought he said "fling myself off on an Austrian mountain pass".
Fling myself off onto an Austrian's mountainous ass is more believable.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

I'll be there, either driving or passengering in a vehicle. In a strange twist of fate, the only car that I'm actually insured on right now is a Ferrari 360 :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:17 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:15 pm

Fling myself off onto an Austrian's mountainous ass is more believable.
Oh Arnold :oops:
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

GG. wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:38 pm Just bumping this thread as we're now just a few weeks away from the 2nd. So far I have the following down as coming along:

- Me
- Alex K
- Will
- Gavin W
- Simon J
- Steve W
- Jimmy M
- Duncs

Let me know of any further takers - I think Ian was potentially keen and Jon was looking into it. Not sure if Rich B, David S or anyone else is up for it?

Per Simon's suggestion it probably makes sense to meet up at the Ridgeway car park. Let me know if people have a preference for a specific time of day taking into account travelling time etc...

May be worth setting up a whatsapp group ahead of the day. If people want to PM me mobile # I can arrange.

Cheers
Ok - just @duncs500, @Jobbo and @DaveE's digits needed. 👍
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

@GG. you have mail
GG.

Post by GG. »

Cheers!

On a slight tangent - I was also going to add that its Salon Prive a Blenheim that weekend.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

So I’m currently rostered to fly that day, will see if I can move some things closer to the date.

Also, I have SP tickets for that day.. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Cheers,

Ian
GG.

Post by GG. »

Not ideal!
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

IanF wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:13 pm So I’m currently rostered to fly that day, will see if I can move some things closer to the date.

Also, I have SP tickets for that day.. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Can you leave it to the co-pilot and grab a parachute?