Asda grocery deliveries

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Asda grocery deliveries

Post by Gavster »

Decided to try out Asda's grocery delivery service for a change. Never, ever again.

Sunday: Placed an order for delivery Tues afternoon.
Monday morning: An email from Asda noted 4 items either missing or being replaced with tampons or something equally useless to me.
Monday lunchtime: Amended my order to replace those 4 items. At checkout it informed me that due to delivery being the following day, there are now 14 missing items. I push delivery back to Weds and checkout.
Tuesday: Nervous silence
Wednesday: Email notifying me of 11 missing items in my delivery today, a massive 30% of my entire order.

:evil:
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Re: Asda grocery deliveries

Post by 16vCento »

Asda are shite for delivery.

Only one I'll use now is Ocado, which also is no more expensive than what we paid at Asda or Sainsbury's.

In fact I'd say it's cheaper than Asda, and on a par with Sainsbury's, but much better quality.

They never seem to substitute anything either.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

We, well the wife, almost exclusively use Amazon for food.
mik

Post by mik »

I prefer to go in so I can see what I am buying, but Mrs mik has used various ones. Tesco here seem to do the least swap-outs (and provide products that don’t imminently go out of date).
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:06 am We, well the wife, almost exclusively use Amazon for food.
You know what... Amazon won the Grocer 33 this week, making them the cheapest of the big stores. OK, I'm trying Amazon next!

Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Gavster wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:17 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:06 am We, well the wife, almost exclusively use Amazon for food.
You know what... Amazon won the Grocer 33 this week, making them the cheapest of the big stores. OK, I'm trying Amazon next!
Most of the non-brand stuff seems to be Morrisons but there's a few Amazon own label things appearing now.
Barry

Post by Barry »

ASDA was my nearest supermarket but I stopped using them for weekly stuff for the same reasons, never any fruit/veg, meat often poorly stocked, and prices didn't feel any cheaper than the others.

Morrisons not much better, but I'll see how they go..
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:49 am
Gavster wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:17 am
Most of the non-brand stuff seems to be Morrisons but there's a few Amazon own label things appearing now.
Our Amazon delivery comes from the local Morrison's and it allows for no substitutions.

They do same day delivery as well!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Supermarket deliveries are a waste of time, the last time we used them was when we both had covid. I'd rather just go down to the many local shops nearby.

#wfhprivilege #urbanprivilege
An absolute unit
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Always use Asda here, never had an issue. If you want to block substitutions there is a box to tick before you checkout.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

We use Asda for deliveries (I've not set foot in an Asda for 20+ years - there full of weirdos), the biggest issue is best before dates. They send out stuff that expires 1-2 days later. Every delivery the first thing we do is check the dates and reject paying for anything that expires that soon.

Oh, and they send the shittest green bananas out too.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

On the topic of Amazon, they’ve changed the packaging on their coffee. I’m quite terrified they might have changed the coffee too.

IMG_1010.jpeg
IMG_1010.jpeg (29.55 KiB) Viewed 365 times
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

We usually use Asda if we do an online shop but I normally prefer to be poor and use Lidl or Aldi. Asda don't seem to question any refunds you ask for though. Basically take your pick from anything you order and say it isn't good quality or hasn't got a good date on it and they'll refund your money. It's like getting a 10% discount code each time.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Asda meat is shit.

Dave!