Gaming 2023

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Gaming 2023

Post by Matty »

Too much stuff to mention so thought I'd throw it all in here.

Anyone playing Diablo4? Suprisingly decent, cinematics/audio are exceptional but after looking forward to it .... I think nostalgia got the better of me from my D2 days; I think I'm just too old to be button mashing through dungeons in my 40's so I've not played much.

I've not even looked at Jedi Survivor, Dredge, Horizon Call of the Mountain, God of War Ragnarok (that might have been 2022)

For the upcoming:
Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty looks great...enjoyed C2077 despite the issues. Idris Elbow!
As an avid Fallout/Sykrim fan but loves anything space-based I gotta admit Starfield is definately on the list.
RobYob

Re: Gaming 2023

Post by RobYob »

Yeah, hearing lots of good things about Phantom Liberty and associated updates to the base game.

Starfield might put an end to my Elite Dangerous addiction...
At least temporarily.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

I'm hoping Forza Motorsport is a return to form as well. It's been so long since the last one came out and I don't recall it being that great compared to some of the older games.

Outside of the weekly Forza Horizon challenges to unlock new cars, I've barely played any Xbox. It's felt a bit lacklustre for games recently. Hopefully there's a bit of an uptick in decent stuff to play.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’ve barely turned the pc on lately, the Mexican horizon didn’t really grab me like the previous British one did, I’ve just not felt the need to do everything on it. Still a fun blast now and then.

Looking forward to trying the new motorsport, always enjoyed how they play and much prefer the physics to any of the recent GT games. Although I’m sure I’ll be dissapointed like usual when I find tracks and cars I used to love are missing.
Cheers, Harry
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I've been struggling to find stuff to play recently.

Definitely looking forward to Starfield, not playing D4 because fuck actizzard. Fable looks like it might be alright.

Nearly back to 100% on Vampire Survivor and I've been playing an indy dungeon crawler called Ghostlore which is pretty decent.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

Starfield looks like Fallout iiiiin Spaaaaaace to me. I wonder how long it'll take before it's stable? I mean, it is Bethesda.

Exo Rally Championship looks like it might be interesting.

Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

There's an Xbox series S with a 1TB drive coming out on 1st September. the 512Gb always seemed a bit stingy on a digital only device.

I probably need to upgrade at some point as my XBox one is getting slow and there are more and more games that will only run on the Series X and S's's's's's.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Aye, you definitely need the 1tb hd.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Haven’t used my PS5 for gaming this year, only turn it on to stream sky sports F1!
Hoping the new TDU Solar Crown coming out later this year is decent as that’s a real childhood favourite.

Also didn’t get on with the latest Forza Horizon, just felt like a low effort DLC more than anything else. It’s been a while since the last Motorsport so hopefully it feels fresh and has good content rather that all the old crap rehashed in 4k with 50 new SUVs…

Starfield looks good, I know the Microsoft games are now immediately released on PC but part of me still wants a new Xbox just because I’ve got the whole collection!
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I was getting excited about FM, keep seeing trailers, thought I’d have a look and see if I could download it yet. Not out until bloody October!!
Cheers, Harry
Matty

Post by Matty »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:53 am There's an Xbox series S with a 1TB drive coming out on 1st September. the 512Gb always seemed a bit stingy on a digital only device.

I probably need to upgrade at some point as my XBox one is getting slow and there are more and more games that will only run on the Series X and S's's's's's.
You can get reasonably priced expansions now:
https://www.westerndigital.com/en-gb/pr ... 20ANC-WCSN

Get 10% off with the newsletter, so extra 500gb for £72. Might be better/easier than selling your old console and buying a new one.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Warhammer: Boltgun

Initial novelty wears off and it gets a bit samey. Level design not intuitive a lot of the time either. I was expecting a retro version of Doom Eternal but it ain't there.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:58 pm Exo Rally Championship looks like it might be interesting.
That loooks a lot like SRV racing in Elite Dangerous.

Wouldn't be the first time there's been a spinoff from Elite, Fly Dangerous on Steam takes Elite's tricky "Flight Assisst off" mode and has made it a racing game.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:23 pm Warhammer: Boltgun

Initial novelty wears off and it gets a bit samey. Level design not intuitive a lot of the time either. I was expecting a retro version of Doom Eternal but it ain't there.
That's a shame, I thought it looked like a lot of silly fun and might be a shot when it goes on sale.
Matty

Post by Matty »

Baldur's Gate 3 is incredible. If you're a full nerdy-nerd (or, TBH, even if you're not) it's an amazing feat in so many areas. I've been slowly chipping away, I'm now 80 hours in and it continues impress and amaze.

If you've any interest in RPG's, it the only game you need to play this year.

I've not even started on Starfield and the big overhaul of Cyberpunk drops next week too - with Phantom Liberty dropping on the 26th. No idea how I'm gonna fit it all in.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Started Starfield this evening and put a few hours into it. Good enough so far but I'm a bit upset it's not more open like No Mans Sky. Having to wait for loading screens for every single environment change is all a bit last decade. The ship build menu for me crashes the game to desktop which seems to be a common problem so I think I need to wait for a patch as I really need some upgrades now.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Nephew has just started playing Starfield, he says he can’t dock at a space station, he says the game is meant to tell him how to do it when he gets within 500m but nothing happens. Any tips?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Does he have a docking module in his ship and what platform? X button on Xbox or Square on PS5..

Enjoying it so far, shame there’s lots of load screens and ship builder is average but I’m wasting lots of time on it already
Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Haven’t got to docking yet (ohh :o )
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Apparently it was a bug that was saying he was still in hyperspace when he wasn’t.