Weekend thread

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Weekend thread

Post by Gavster »

Did these stop when Mick left? It's a sunny bank holiday weekend so plenty to celebrate 8-)

Today I'm finishing some work for an academic client who is winding up becuase their funding has run out. We've worked together for five years and reached the point where most tasks can be completed in half the originally budgeted cost, which is a rather nice win for me. The actual work is as boring as Star Wars, so I'm glad it's finishing.

Saturday doing the Bermondsey beer mile with a bunch of other content creators. Trying to work out how to enjoy the beer without getting absolutely destroyed when there's ~18 bars to hit in an 8-hour period. Apparenrtly 1/3 or 1/2 pints are the norm, which is a relief. My alcohol tolerance was stronger when I was 15 than now.

Sunday hahahahaha yeah right.

Monday back home to do some filming. Been groggy with some kind of weird virus this week which makes being energetic on camera less appealing, so need to catch up with video content capture.
Last edited by Gavster on Fri May 26, 2023 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beany

Re: Weekend thread

Post by Beany »

I think I'm gonna tinker with the car a little - I can fix the rattle in the passenger door, and I've recently 'realised' that my moods been exceptionally poor the last few months and I'm starting to come out the bottom of the valley, so I might try to push that by
Clearing the car out so I have space to do tip runs so I can
clear the house out a bit so that I can
Rearrange things in the house a bit so that everything is a bit easier to maintain.

I'll probably only get a third of that done, but the way my head regularly is, that's better than nowt so I won't grumble :lol:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Gavster wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:03 am Saturday doing the Bermondsey beer mile with a bunch of other content creators.
That reads like a setup for a comedy sketch :lol: I hope it's not as awful as it sounds ;)

Been insanely busy at work for months now and cracks are appearing. So it's the perfect time to be heading away for a week in Suffolk. Today though sees me trying to hammer through the bulk of a report because the client wants to submit their plannig appciation next Tues. It's going to be a push.

Haven't had any chance to clean the car outside or inside, but if I stop typiing on here and get cracking I'm hoping I'll have time before we set off late this afternoon.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I shall break out the paint brushes and actually do some painting of the house. It's a job I've been putting off since I moved in.

The car needs a wash and I shall use my patented three buckets and a karcher technique. I need to fit a new vice to my workbench after the original broke, break down some more pallets, build more shelves and tidy up the workshop.

I'll put some laps in on Assetto Corsa, get a haircut, watch the F1 procession and possibly visit the olds.

I've not got the kids and the CFExGF is away at a festival so a lie in is in order too.

Living the MFing dream!
Banal Vapid Platitudes
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Tonight - Binging True Detective Season 2
Tomorrow - Digging out two borders and planting with Wild Flowers - BBQ in the evening
Sunday - Repairing some creaky floorboards - Cooking a Curry in the evening
Monday - Nowt planned.
Tuesday - Looking after our niece for a few days s going to Woburn Safari Park
Wednesday - Foot Golf
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Might service a few things on Saturday.
Sunday I'm off to Brands to see the classic racing, then F1 and Indy 500 from the comfort of my sofa. So much sitting about watching cars going in circles.
Monday no idea.
How about not having a sig at all?
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Not got specific things on specific days planned but my weekend will feature (in no particular order) :

Buy a new jigsaw (my old Bosch one died - cordless De Walt makes most sense as I already have the batteries etc)
Minor repairs and restain of the decking steps from the conservatory.
Cleaning and conditioning the roof of the Boxster
Changing the front pads on the Boxster (got a bargain set of Brembos from GSF for £75 - seemed rude not to)
Clean, polish and wax the Boxster
Acquire and lay some railway sleepers for the front garden
New membrane for front garden.
General garden tidy up.
Watch the F1
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

We're off camping as per tradition, so will be in a field in the Cotswolds doing stuff. Will need to spend some time preparing for an interview next week.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
John

Post by John »

My weekend has already started in sunny (for once) Cornwall. We spent the first half of the week in Sennen Cove and have now moved further north, went out for a ride yesterday evening.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Dropped my wife and daughter to a local music festival last night and joining them later with my son after his GCSE exam.

Only ever been to Alex James Festival before so really looking forward to it.

The stuff i would put on for a bbq as well, Kooks, Toploader, UB40, James and GLC :D
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Carlos wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:01 am Dropped my wife and daughter to a local music festival last night and joining them later with my son after his GCSE exam.

Only ever been to Alex James Festival before so really looking forward to it.

The stuff i would put on for a bbq as well, Kooks, Toploader, UB40, James and GLC :D
I saw GLC at Brixton around 2009, great fun!
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Getting a new tattoo later today then tomorrow I am marshalling a crazy ultra run bike run that my wife is taking part in. 15 mile run, 25 mile cycle then a wee 10k to finish it off! Starts at 2pm, round Kielder so many will finish in the dark!

(which reminds me, must put her running torch and the bike lights on to charge...

Sunday likely doing very little

Monday, not sure as kids are back at school, might go a nice walk with my better half.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Today - at work, then mending crappy old BMW
Tomorrow - mending crappy old BMW
Sunday morning - mending crappy old BMW
Sunday afternoon - drop off crappy old BMW for welding, then having a rest as my body does not cope well with this constant working on a crappy old BMW
Monday - continue to sit on the sofa mainlining ibuprofen
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Gavster wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:03 am ~18 bars to hit in an 8-hour period. Apparenrtly 1/3 or 1/2 pints are the norm, which is a relief. My alcohol tolerance was stronger when I was 15 than now.

Sunday hahahahaha yeah right.
That sounds epic although I'm old enough to not let my ego order pints if doing something like that 😂
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:26 am
Gavster wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:03 am Saturday doing the Bermondsey beer mile with a bunch of other content creators.
That reads like a setup for a comedy sketch :lol: I hope it's not as awful as it sounds ;)
An absolute unit
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Gavin wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:50 am Getting a new tattoo later today
Ooohhh what you getting? I was drawing new tattoo ideas on my arm in biro last night :lol:
zx6rkiller
Currently Driving: M2 Comp, 420d

Post by zx6rkiller »

Gavin wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:50 am Getting a new tattoo later today then tomorrow I am marshalling a crazy ultra run bike run that my wife is taking part in. 15 mile run, 25 mile cycle then a wee 10k to finish it off! Starts at 2pm, round Kielder so many will finish in the dark!

(which reminds me, must put her running torch and the bike lights on to charge...

Monday, not sure as kids are back at school, might go a nice walk with my better half.
Somthing like this?
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Gavin wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:50 am Getting a new tattoo later today then tomorrow I am marshalling a crazy ultra run bike run that my wife is taking part in. 15 mile run, 25 mile cycle then a wee 10k to finish it off! Starts at 2pm, round Kielder so many will finish in the dark!

kids in school on a bank holiday? Harsh!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Tomorrow is my wife and my 5 year wedding anniversary so to celebrate we're going for a curry and then some anal action... sorry, Mick's not here now. We're going to a nice restaurant in Cheltenham and then whatever action I can achieve now I'm 50 :lol:

I've had a stinking cold all week (not COVID) despite which I've been setting up our pool in the garden again. Which was far more work because I rashly decided to 'improve' things with a slightly bigger pool, laying some slabs and putting an outside socket in to move the heater and pump somewhere less obtrusive and had to do an awful lot of digging and so on. Turned the heater on and dosed it with chlorine last night when it was just about full so fingers crossed it'll be high-20s C by tomorrow and I can spend the weekend in it. And since I'm knackered that's all I plan to do.