Petrol Honda mowers

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Petrol Honda mowers

Post by Jobbo »

I don’t really feel like I need the compost and it’ll be mainly grass so probably not that fertile. But if the heap of clippings starts to look useful then I might formalise it a bit.

Really, mulching ought to be the way to go but I reckon I’d want to cut it twice a week to make that work and I can’t be arsed.
mik

Post by mik »

Just piling it up and leaving it over winter makes pretty good fertiliser - mrs mik grew tatties & beets last year in pretty much this alone.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

The pile of rotting grass clippings is slippery to walk on and the bits which stick to your boots look like cow pats when you walk them round the place.

I did end up using all four mowers today, and my feelings about the HRH have been reinforced; it’s not for me. I think I’ll keep it until Honda do stop making petrol mowers though, to avoid the depreciation.

Dinny, here is the clippings pile after 3 cuts. That starting from a bare patch of grass last month.

Here’s how I do the front lawn - the small Izy and chuck the clippings into the trailer to take them to the pile:

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Whilst I applaud you ownership of 4 mowers, I’m not going to lie, I’d be paying someone to do it if I had your place.
Last edited by dinny_g on Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I had to do our old house yesterday as well and that’s why I’m knackered. It takes as long to mow there as it does the new one despite being 1/3 the size due to the awkward bits round the edges, and it’s more tiring because of all the manoeuvring. But you’re right, I may find someone to cut it;