Post Office Counter Staff

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post Office Counter Staff

Post by Sundayjumper »

Why are they are SO miserable and unhelpful ? Today's encounter, in brief:

I needed to go the Post Office for a specific service, so not my local one, I had to go to one that's a fifteen minute drive away.
Woman behind the counter told me my paperwork was wrong and that I'd have to go home and do it again.
I went home, checked the paperwork, phoned the issuing authority to check it directly with them, they confirmed it was all fine.
I returned to the Post Office, woman said it was still wrong, I told her <redacted> had already confirmed it was correct.
Woman said "well, fine, I don't care, I'll do it anyway, it doesn't affect me" and huffily scanned three bar codes, which was all she needed to do in the first place.

Woman then tried to tell me I had to pay £25. I said no I don't. So she backtracked and instead claimed I'd get billed at a later date. I said thank you and left.

The system works. It's always people that ruin it. People.
jamcg

Re: Post Office Counter Staff

Post by jamcg »

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Dont you have a mobile phone?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Needed a poly mailer bag yesterday so went to my local post office, admittedly the first time I've been in a post office for a long time but it was dire. The place didn't look like it's had any maintenance since the 80s and they had no shipping supplies what so ever. Ended up going along to my work's warehouse and stealing some bits from there :lol:
An absolute unit
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:20 pm Why are they are SO miserable and unhelpful ?
It's a universal truth. I've used the post office loads over the last few years and they are all absolutely miserable until you've visited lots of times and proven your worth by consistently packing, measuring, weighing and labelling parcels correctly. Until you've passed this trial, they will hate you.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I appreciate this is the moaning sub but our wee village one is great, it is McColls now, when it was just a wee shop and post office it was absolutely brilliant, nothing was ever too much trouble.

But I agree people are most often the problem!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Oddly, in a similar need for a different P.O. they were excellent, but I've have had too many situations fvcked up by that one person to not share your :twisted:
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Atleast you have Post Office Counter Staff to moan at.
Our village post office is a counter at the corner shop. Our designated post office to collect parcels from is the other side of Bingley in Eldwick village, to get there I have to pass Bingley post office and Gilstead post office. The Eldwick post office is a bigger counter in a corner shop.
They get away with it because our Village is officially a rural village even though we are approx one mile from the centre of Bingley (where the post office is)