Pixel Microphone Issues

DeskJockey

Pixel Microphone Issues

Post by DeskJockey »

Anyone else suffering? My P6 Pro is getting silly now, and more frustratingly there is no official solution that works, just a lot of talk online of I did this or that, or something else, or nothing and then it started working again.

This time round I can record audio using the recorder app, but when I am in a call (whether using the phone or WhatsApp) it doesn't work. On Bluetooth it is fine. Previously I've had it so that no audio at all was recorded/captured, so it isn't even failing consistently.

Possible fixes include:

1) messing about with privacy settings
2) blowing into the bottom (fnar) microphone
3) deleting phone cache
4) cleaning out fluff/dirt from microphone hole (fnar fnar)
5) factory reset
6) doing nothing
7) running a random app that record audio (one thread mentions using a guitar tuning app)
8) patience

I'm considering binning it and getting something else. Anyone else have issues/good ideas?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
McSwede

Re: Pixel Microphone Issues

Post by McSwede »

Not that this is any help, but my 6 pro and the wife's 6 are performing faultlessly.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

It appears to be an intermittent problem that doesn't affect all devices. Mine seems to have decided to work again.
---
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I've thrown the towel in the ring and bought something else.

The issue persisted, but not persistently. It would work fine for days/weeks, then suddenly not. Sometimes I could get it working again by blowing hard into the bottom microphone. But, the ability to make calls/video calls using the speakerphone function never returned. So, I've traded it in against a Sammy S23.

First impressions are good. It is nicer in the hand, screen doesn't feel like it has "soft touch" under it, no curved edge either, and it is very fast. It is also a fair bit smaller, but that's perhaps not a bad thing. I've previously stayed clear of Samsung because of the inordinate amount of bloat and app duplication, but there is less than before, and a lot of it can be uninstalled, so overall I'm happy.
---
Barry

Post by Barry »

This seems to be a Google trait on their phones/tablets, they always seem to have a random issue that not everyone suffers with but it ruins the user experience.

I've bought a Samsung TabS8 as I finally got tired of my Google Tablet fvcking up on Chrome and Google simply not GAF since it became known about. I was poised to get a Pixel7a but I think I'll hold off a see what issues that has. Or I might just get a Samsung.