FAO MTB'ers

Zonda_

FAO MTB'ers

Post by Zonda_ »

I know there are a few on here who are quite big into it. Can you point me in the direction of any good forums where I can advertise my C16 R for sale? I posted on a couple of retro bike forums asking what it's worth but had no response.
seb

Re: FAO MTB'ers

Post by seb »

If it were I I'd probably post on pinkbike and singletrackworld, and then ebay if no takers. I don't even know what a C16 R is though :)
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Yeah, retrobike, singletrackworld, pinkbike, ebay. I'd probably be inclined to do ebay, start at the absolute minimum you'd take and probably be pleasantly surprised.

I'm guessing the Orange C16R, for a brief while they sold the Clockwork under that name (it was the 16th revision/iteration) before going back to Clockwork later. It was the first big thing I bought at 16 with my earnings from my evenings/Saturday job at the supermarket. Loved it to bits, then someone tried to steal it at uni and bent the frame in the process.

No idea what they're worth now, they sold pretty well at the time - although that may mean more people wanting one.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Retrobike is hopeless for selling now. The bottom has well and truly fallen out of the market sadly. There are still a few that hold an interest and buy/sell, but they are more into high end rarer exotica than usable retro quality (Orange sit here). I have a few bits of this sort of thing and probably wouldn't be able to sell it for more than a pittance.
There are still a few chancers trying to sell at vastly inflated prices too.
If the C16 is a good example with clean original paint it will be worth an ad at around £250, but expect to have to take offers at around £150.

Carl.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Yes it's good, it's the mountain bike equivalent of a barn find! Still on original tyres it had that little use.