Cordless vacuum situation

Explosive Newt

Cordless vacuum situation

Post by Explosive Newt »

New house means an acceleration of cleaning requirements. Getting old Henry up and down 2 flights of stairs has been a pain and also I'm more wary of spilling crumbs on new carpets as I sit at my computer hard at work (I mean posting on ov9) with an almond croissant. Also it would be good to have something to make cleaning the car easier as Mrs Newt has a habit of treading most of North Norfolk's sand into the footwell.

Recommendify away...

... although I noted this Sharknado thingy is £150 off https://www.johnlewis.com/shark-stratos ... p109504790
Beany

Re: Cordless vacuum situation

Post by Beany »

The Shark corded lift away ones should be looked at before deciding to go full cordless, cos they ain't that heavy, and despite being corded, have more dust capacity, better suction on the hose and are pretty fucking portable - I sooked up some cobwebs in my office, just lifted the thing off the floor head and carried it to the room, did the job, and put it back - none of that tedious banging the floor head into things, etc, messing about.

And being corded, it'll rip the carpet up when you need it to.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I bought a Shark lift away when we had the St Bernard and while it was very versatile it packed up after 12 months. The Dyson it was bought to replace is still going strong at 10 years.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

We've got a Vax one. It's pretty good and versatile, but it's not the lightest. Has a great brush on it though - not as good as the heft old corded Miele upright, but certainly good enough to give the carpets a decent going over.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

You could get a Henry for each floor of your house.

I don’t like the Shark we have but my wife uses it every day. I do like the two GTechs we also have which I choose every time unless I’m using the Henry.