The ongoing X5 saga

scotta

Re: The ongoing X5 saga

Post by scotta »

]

Further chat with the dealer - colours available are below.

^^^ This one is built and on a boat heading to the dealer so available in a few week

^^^ One of these are in stock in the country

^^^ He's got one of those in the showroom. Which might be able to work a better deal on as the white is free. Says it a bit of a strange spec. Doesnt have the Pro Pack but does have all the pro pack kit specced seperately plus some extra kit. He's getting more details.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

White or Grey then
Cheers,

Ian
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

White with the red and the black definitely works.

I do realise all of these style views are coming to someone who has "Max Power" gold wheels on his car.
Cheers,

Mike.
scotta

Post by scotta »

IanF wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:35 pmWhite or Grey then
See what the deal looks like on the white one. seems the most logical if its got more kit.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I don't hate the red bits :oops:
Looks a bit unique, so much so that I don't think I've ever seen a BMW 128ti
How about not having a sig at all?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Red bits look better on the white car probably triggering a bit of nostalgia as regards white 80/90s hot hatches with red badges 8-)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

IIrc, white with red was the colour scheme chosen for the press cars, and also that the ti was well received and praised.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It might be newer, faster, bigger and be better equipped, but my compact will still be 190Ti’s better ;)

Strange how the e36/46 Ti wasn’t mentioned in any of the press for the 128Ti ‘bringing back’ the badge :lol:
Cheers, Harry
scotta

Post by scotta »

Slight change of deal. The white car I looked at earlier disappeared 5 mins after I spoke to him. There is however a different one with the Pro Pack and leather. Said I wouldnt pay extra for the leather but he ran the numbers on it. £1100 for the leather. However it added residuals to the car so the lease deal worked out at the same as the non leather white car.

The grey car doesn’t have a delivery date on it so could be weeks before it comes. But the white with the leather is actually sounding quite good.

He’s reserved the white car for me to make sure it doesn’t sell. Will speak again with him tomorrow.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I'm struggling a bit with the "being steered into a brand new 1-Series that's not in any way a replacement for an X5 tow car, and is also more money per month" ?

If the legal position on the X5 really is an impasse, personally I'd get out as clean as possible and buy something else - cheaper - to serve that role while you regroup.

Or to put it another way - it's probably very nice as far as fwd hatchbacks go, but would you really be financing yourself into a brand new 128ti right now if you weren't being "encouraged" into it ?
scotta

Post by scotta »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:14 pm I'm struggling a bit with the "being steered into a brand new 1-Series that's not in any way a replacement for an X5 tow car, and is also more money per month" ?

If the legal position on the X5 really is an impasse, personally I'd get out as clean as possible and buy something else - cheaper - to serve that role while you regroup.

Or to put it another way - it's probably very nice as far as fwd hatchbacks go, but would you really be financing yourself into a brand new 128ti right now if you weren't being "encouraged" into it ?
It was my suggestion to look at 128ti deals not the dealer.

ETA - the race car is for sale (or rather it will be very soon once I get some photos done) so the towing requirement is no longer needed.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

If you don’t have leather, what do you get? Even in a 3-series the basics leather isn’t all that exciting and BMW have had some pretty good fabric/alcantara seats which nobody ever specs.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:48 pm If you don’t have leather, what do you get? Even in a 3-series the basics leather isn’t all that exciting and BMW have had some pretty good fabric/alcantara seats which nobody ever specs.
Faux leather and cloth.

“ Black with Red highlight Cloth/Sensatec combination”

Which would be perfectly fine. It’s red leather though - you would approve!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:48 pm If you don’t have leather, what do you get? Even in a 3-series the basics leather isn’t all that exciting and BMW have had some pretty good fabric/alcantara seats which nobody ever specs.
Fair point. The Dakota leather (is it still the same ?) is naff cheap leather, not luxurious, and very sweaty in the summer. I'd honestly prefer a nice cloth / alcantara set.

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:14 pm Or to put it another way - it's probably very nice as far as fwd hatchbacks go, but would you really be financing yourself into a brand new 128ti right now if you weren't being "encouraged" into it ?
I'm seriously considering dying on this hill.
scotta

Post by scotta »

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 7179736518

There’s an actual car with the red leather.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

scotta wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:00 am https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 7179736518

I’m obviously a chav, cos I love the external addenda, but the interior is so fvcking bright! I obviously drink more than you an d have more hangovers so couldn’t dream of opening a door to that! 🤢
Cheers,

Ian
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:14 pm Or to put it another way - it's probably very nice as far as fwd hatchbacks go, but would you really be financing yourself into a brand new 128ti right now if you weren't being "encouraged" into it ?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I do like the ti. I don’t know what it is but with the new 1 series and the golf’s I find the well sorted fwd version more desirable than the pumped up 4wd version. I am aware I’m probably the only weirdo who would take a gti over an r :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

IanF wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:08 am
scotta wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:00 am https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 7179736518
:lol:
I’m obviously a chav, cos I love the external addenda, but the interior is so fvcking bright! I obviously drink more than you an d have more hangovers so couldn’t dream of opening a door to that! 🤢
:lol: Very much against the Scottish stereotype I very rarely drink. Was on holiday 2 weeks ago so had a few beers that week however I can normally go weeks without. I did dry January one year without even realising. :lol:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

JOBBO ALERT

JOBBO ALERT

Is this a lease where you give it back no questions asked ? You do not want to be trying to trade that in.