The ongoing X5 saga

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: The ongoing X5 saga

Post by Ascender »

But if you look at the Arnold Clark Kirkcaldy website, they just look like any normal BMW dealer? So how can they be an "independently owned and run business" when it suits BMW GB?
Cheers,

Mike.
tim

Post by tim »

Wow.

Jobbo the fuck out of them. Good luck!
scotta

Post by scotta »

So basically you can buy a car from an approved BMW dealer with an approved BMW warranty but they can take the position that they wont fix a fault with the car and theres nothing that you or their complaints procedure can do about it.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

That is a really shitty reply.

I hope you end up with a brand new one with knobs on and Jobbo with a mic drop closing statement.

It’s a bully tactic and shows they should only be selling curtains and not cars.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

When I did work experience I never got to send mail like that :(
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

‘Jobbo’ing them will have to be a metaphor since Scott is in Scotland I’m afraid. Definitely a situation where spending money on a lawyer is not necessarily the best outcome though, unfortunately - selling and cutting your losses might be a better exit strategy.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

That's a shocking reply. Essentially, "jog on as we can't help"
Not even an offer to buy it back minus a small fee based on usage (obvs not including time spent in the garage) - or is that what you're referring to as the best option @Jobbo ?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I’m thinking of that as an option by selling elsewhere - Carwow or whoever. Got to be worth getting a price.
Simon

Post by Simon »

The wankers can't even get your/you're right.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
scotta

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:00 pm I’m thinking of that as an option by selling elsewhere - Carwow or whoever. Got to be worth getting a price.
Trade value means taking an absolute bath. I put £6k and Trade in value zeros me out in the best case scenario. However retail prices for similar aged cars seem about the same as I paid a year ago. It’s the cake and eat it scenario that dealers are offering.

To say I’m fucked off at the moment is an understatement.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I think I’d be at the getting some signs made and parking it outside their showroom or setting it on fire in D with a brick on the accelerator aimed at the front doors by now :shock:
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:11 pm I think I’d be at the getting some signs made and parking it outside their showroom or setting it on fire in D with a brick on the accelerator aimed at the front doors by now :shock:
Don’t they actually do that in China when they get mad, or maybe it was somewhere else, but I do remember quite a few people destroying lemon BMWs outside their dealers!
How about not having a sig at all?
scotta

Post by scotta »

LOL, Ive just had a customer satisfaction survey land...
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

😂 screenshot it all for Twitter and tag the customer service person in it
scotta

Post by scotta »

Further investigation on the get rid and cut losses plan - Trade-in offer would pay off finance and I'd loose all the deposit i put in. Against this with no deposit would be an extra £200 a month. Looks like im stuck with it.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... t=distance
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

It's losing £6k in such a short time?! I guess the "approved" status isn't cheap - sadly it's worthless though...
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I keep checking back but can't see the answer, so apologies... I take it there's no way to get the finance company involved?

And Arnold Clark don't have anything in stock that you'd like and may get a better deal on in terms of trade-in?

6K.... I know you are probably way past the point where you just want rid though so the money is only a part of the consideration but that sucks balls.
Cheers,

Mike.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Ascender wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:13 pm I keep checking back but can't see the answer, so apologies... I take it there's no way to get the finance company involved?

And Arnold Clark don't have anything in stock that you'd like and may get a better deal on in terms of trade-in?

6K.... I know you are probably way past the point where you just want rid though so the money is only a part of the consideration but that sucks balls.
Its BMW finance - i spoke to them before and they said raise an official complaint with BMW which has got us here months later. Ive not spoken to them again since. When i can muster up the energy I'm going to call them.

Another issue is the interest rates have now fucked any finance rates so im now battling that also.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Just for option's sake;
iIrc (accepted I probably don't) later lookings at it suggested the front dampers were the problem, how much are they to replace?
(They're probably adkustable ones and a ballache to fit :roll: ).
scotta

Post by scotta »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:33 pm Just for option's sake;
iIrc (accepted I probably don't) later lookings at it suggested the front dampers were the problem, how much are they to replace?
(They're probably adkustable ones and a ballache to fit :roll: ).
Non adjustable passive ones as its an SE not the M Sport. £460 a plus labour for factor Bilstein ones.