Just eats/Uber eats/deliveroo

Have you ever used the services of these or similar?

1. Nope, never.
31%
2. Once.
4%
3. One to ten times.
19%
4. Ten to 37 times
19%
5. 38 to 104 times
12%
6. 105 to 382 times
4%
7. I use them every week
8%
8. I use them more than once per week
4%
9. I use them more than once a day
No votes
10. I am them
No votes

Total votes: 26

mik

Just eats/Uber eats/deliveroo

Post by mik »

Did somebody say I much prefer to go and collect my carry out food?

But I get you might already be minced when the munchies hit, so no judgement.
McSwede

Re: Just eats/Uber eats/deliveroo

Post by McSwede »

I use them a lot when I'm working away, especially deliveroo. Hotel food isn't always the best and this way I you can order what I want when I want it. What's not to like about that?

Can't get any of those services at home though. Dominos is the only delivery and has been used twice 😂
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Probably around ten times at this point. The food often doesn't travel well though and it's more expensive so I only do it when I've nothing to cook and don't have the energy to go out.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Depends where I order from. The pizza place and peri peri place (both local shops, not chains) are so efficient at getting stuff out for delivery it’s normally with me in about 25-30 mins so works out as quick as actually going for it. Anywhere else I go and collect
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

We've used it a fair bit over the years. Just a bit easier with young(er) children.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Used once. Parts of order were missing, what was there was a bit cold, so I’d always collect now.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I use them all the time. Two people kicking round a house with various mental health things happening, having someone drop off food can be a life saver :lol:
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Yeah, we use it fairly regularly (maybe once or twice a month). Mainly JE as it has the places we like on it. Went through a phase of using UE when they were doing lots of offers to gain traction, but it's much of a muchness between the two.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I always assumed JustEat was simply an interface to the restaurant and it was the restaurant's own delivery drivers ? Used them loads of times.

My wife has used Uber / Deliveroo several times to get McDonalds delivered :roll: It always arrives luke-warm.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:13 am I always assumed JustEat was simply an interface to the restaurant and it was the restaurant's own delivery drivers ? Used them loads of times.
That's exactly what it is isn't it? Our stuff always seems to be brought by the restaurant's own drivers.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:15 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:13 am I always assumed JustEat was simply an interface to the restaurant and it was the restaurant's own delivery drivers ? Used them loads of times.
That's exactly what it is isn't it? Our stuff always seems to be brought by the restaurant's own drivers.
That's what I thought. So I can't judge them in the same poll as Uber/Deliveroo.

JustEat good, others meh.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I never really noticed a significant difference in performance between JE and UE.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

McDelivery is always slow and they miss something each time. All the other local takeaways are fine. If I'm already in my slippers and smoking jacket, I don't want to go out again and my time is worth more than the couple of quid that it costs for delivery.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Never used them - I always prefer to collect (except Dominos which is nearby and always arrives piping hot). And I'll go and collect in my slippers (as I've got to the point in my life where I just don't care :lol: )

Weirdly, despite being reasonably urban and not being out in the sticks at all, Burger King, KFC and local independents is all we can get
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

2 of the 3 are big clients of ours, none of the above go to my house though.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:54 am If I'm already in my slippers and smoking jacket...
If I'm in my slippers, I'll just be smoking crack. I'm not smoking jacket. That's hardcore s**t.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:05 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:54 am If I'm already in my slippers and smoking jacket...
If I'm in my slippers, I'll just be smoking crack. I'm not smoking jacket. That's hardcore s**t.
I had to give up Cake. My Shatner's Bassoon couldn't take it any more. Jacket seemed to be the logical progression.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I'll usually collect but that's just not possible with restrictions in many parts of Khanistan. In which case I'll only use places which really wrap their food up well! Wagamama are excellent at this. I've seen some dodgy shit from the delivery drivers just waiting outside restaurants for my food. I think the worst was one person dropping a 5 Guys order and the bag semi opened and dropped a load of fries on the pavement - he scoops the lot up, chucks it back in the bag and sticks it in his moped to go deliver :shock:
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:24 am I never really noticed a significant difference in performance between JE and UE.
i've been using JE and UE a lot lately as I'm having a bit of a depressive start to the year so I'm not much for cooking :lol: and my experience is that the JE drivers are as good as the resteraunt as it's their drivers, and the UE drivers are way, *way* more keen to pick up your order (rather than take the job, then drop it, needing someone else to be assigned, etc) if you put a small tip on...

They still try to deliver to the wrong part of town though. "Oh, let me put the postcode in again" Again? For the first time, maybe....
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I have used them (can't remember which one or ones) very occasionally, generally when staying in a hotel in order to try out some sort of fast food place without bothering to go looking for it. None deliver to our house and I do not feel I'm missing out. It would be nice if Uber came to us though.